Marketplace scenery not working with MSFS addons linker

Hi

I have very little space on my ssd so I’ve got the MSFS addons linker for my scenery and liveries, etc and I’ve just bought Santorini from msfs marketplace and moved it to the msfs addons linker on my HDD and it doesn’t work can anyone tell me why or advise me how to fix it please

Many thanks in advance

Ian

I may be wrong here but I think if you buy from the Marketplace it gets installed in the Official files rather than the Community Folder, which is the one looked after by MSFS Addons Linker. Where was the file you “moved” from?

I bought two Orbx addons, one from the marketplace and one direct. I had to wait for MSFS to update the Marketplace one but the other I put in my addons store folder and let the Linker programme look after it.

Personally I wouldn’t buy anything else through the Marketplace.

Edit: I once had a problem that a file that had been downloaded direct to the C/F was prevented being moved by Windows, never sorted out why though, just deleted and downloaded again to my addons store folder. I don’t allow anything to download direct to the C/F now.

1 Like

This is definitely true for add ons bought through the marketplace - they go in the official folder

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply I’ve got 17 Orbx scenery’s all bought direct from there website and there installer and don’t have this problem with there scenery’s I only bought Santorini from the marketplace because it was £8 cheaper.
When it was downloaded I searched for it in the content manager then cut and pasted it to the MSFS addons linker folder on my HDD and loaded it up and it wasn’t working so cut and pasted it back to its original folder and it worked so I’m rather confused to why it isn’t when I move it

Yes but what I can’t understand is why won’t they work when they are moved to the MSFS addons linker folder

There’ll be something else critical that you haven’t moved most likely. No doubt the experienced programmers could help but that’s too complicated for me!

Cheers for all your help mate much appreciated

The addons downloaded from the MSFS store are encrypted. Moving them out of the main onestore folder removes MSFS from applying decryption required to use the addon when the game runs.

Sorry my friend :frowning:

Maybe someone has another way, but this hasn’t been possible for me either.

3 Likes

I thought this may be the case but with it being used on the sim it was purchased from I thought it should still work with it being encrypted to my sim it’s odd but hey ho thanks again much appreciated for the reply

2 Likes

Just for Info:
The MSFS Addons Linker has an extra function to link sceneries to the Official folder. This way you can manage Marketplace sceneries just like any other scenery. I have organized all my Marketplace Sceneries accordingly and link them to the Official folder only when needed.

The function can be found in the MSFS Addons Linker here:

Tools
— Options
-------Advanced

Select the folders there. Ready

3 Likes

i bought the Carenado Waco from the market place.
It worked without problems. Now I have the following problem.
I deleted the Waco in the content manager . Later after a new start of the sim the Waco appears in the content manager as “up to date” but it did not appear in the hangar. I checked the related files in the
sim main file “official/one store”. They were emtpy :thinking:
I am prepared to buy the plane once more, but that seems not be possible because in the market place the Waco addon is marked with “owned” , no button to buy it. :flushed:
I think it must though possible to buy an addon twice ore more.
Anybody an idea?

In the Content Manager the Carenado Waco entry will most probably have a note “Available to Download”. You just click on it and then the download button, should then re-install itself.

That’s what I did with the Marketplace London City Landmarks once Orbx sorted it, also a few of the new liveries when I thought they were creating problems and deleted them.

Thanks for the post. but that is not my problem. The Waco appears in the content manager as “up to date”, but it do not appear in my hangar. The waco-files in the sims official main file are empty.
I guess the complete Waco addon has failed. The problem is that I cant buy it again because it is indicated as “owned” in the market place.
Is there a possibility to remove this addon complete from the sim and delete the “owned” marking from the addon in the market place so I be able to purchase the Waco addon complete new?

Only other thing I can think of is attempt to delete it from the Content Manager.

If the waco files are indeed empty I might be inclined to delete them - but that’s your choice of course - as their presence might be fooling the MS Store.

One last thought, have you tried searching your machine in case they’ve installed somewhere else?

Hello how are you? I had the same problem with another aircraft from Carenado. When we uninstall, the folder is not removed from the simulator. Then you need to remove it manually in the folder : C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\LocalPackages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SimObjects. Restart the simulator and the install button will appear again.
I hope this help. For me it was ok.

Thanks for the info.
I decided to remove the Waco completly from the sim und buy it again.
What is the procedure to remove it?
some related files could be delete direct but not all. It remains a rest which is not possible to delete
Is there a certain procedere required to remove addons which are purchased on the market place?

Find the waco folder - the one you said had nothing in it - then simply delete it. You should not need to touch anything else.

Thank you again for the response.
I deleted the complete Waco files and, surprise, in the content manager the download for the Waco
was available :smile:
It was not necessary to buy the addon again. :+1:
My problem with continously CTD`s by activating of an any airport has also been solved.
The reason was the “live world traffic”. When I switched it off the sim works.

I couldn’t make it work, could you please share some screenshot of your settings and folders?

I tried different combination but never managed to make it work.

3 Likes