Marketplace update?

When do we get an update to the marketplace? It’s nearly the 21st here in the uk!!!

Been waiting all day.

I also want to know when we are getting the third party updates we’ve been told have been submitted to Microsoft for the addons arhat are bugged.

3 Likes

It should be up soon as of their recent fly together livestream no exact time yet but keep checking here and on their socials

1 Like

Yes, I’m guessing you’re not alone in wanting to know this.

Hopefully, it will be before 7 September and the next round of updates and before the cycle begins again :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I will never buy ANYTHING from the Market Place if I can buy it directly from the third party vendor. You can see this recommendation from many others, including letters from vendors to customers saying the same thing. This vendor indicated that they received a copy of SU5 long before it was released so they can start working on their product updates. This vendor stated on the official letter that his product was ready on SU5 lunch day and here we are, weeks after and still waiting for the updates to show on the Market. That’s a bunch of &$#*. If I could get my money back I would. I am not going to mention the name of the vendor, but if you Google about the Market Place you will run into it, that’s how I found it.

3 Likes

Unfortunately we don’t have much choice on xbox

5 Likes

Absolutely.

I played from launch on PC and crossed over to series x last month - im done with the endless bench marking and tinkering, plus 4k vs my previous 1440p.

Honestly, its been a really good experience, but I already knew the market place would be the biggest draw back.

I didnt use it once in the first year, I think its unfit for purpose - the turnaround rate from dev submission to launch is laughable.

Im feeling a little like oliver twist right now.

5 Likes

Hard lesson learned here for sure. Now, if the vendors could incorporate auto-updates into the launch as Airfoil labs do with xplane for example, we’d be set.

The Marketplace is a bit of a fool’s errand atm if you ask me.

1 Like

No update today.

Are they taking the mickey???

2 Likes

May I put in my 5 Cents here …

In defence of the Vendor, whoever they may be… and Also all the Devs involved with MSFS…
YES, SU5 Preview was available for around a Month before release and MANY Issues were pointed out to the Dev team… Upon its release, we were shocked to see that many of these issues had Not been addresses and in fact MORE issues and changes were introduced!

The New SDK Was updated the day following SU5, Adding even more confusion and “new” methodology to the builds meaning product that had been “made ready” For SU5 was now rendered almost useless and requiring more fixes and changes to even make them work !

Add this to the fact that the WHOLE Marketplace team then went on Vacation meaning nothing could be added until 12th August !

Conclusion ?
PLEASE DONT BLAME THE 3RD PARTY DEVS OR VENDORS :frowning:

8 Likes

Oh do t worry I’m not. The vendors have been very communicative and up front.

It’s micro/asobo letting the side down

2 Likes

We all have to vote all marketplace question for the Q&A.

1 Like

:slight_smile: INTERNAL ISSUES. Management let too many people go on vacation at the same time. 18 months at home isn’t enough of a break apparently.

3 Likes

that a false excuse for severe technical and structural problems.

As if they let everybody go on vacation at the same time. And have no substitution plans for another of the millions of Microsoft employees to cover during their holiday break. Sure…

You truly believe this ? :rofl:

I thought in the first week it might be true although extremely weird. In the second week, not so much. In the third week they dropped the false excuse.
Now the fourth week regarding the particular section of my life experience that involves using flight simulator addons from the MSFS Marketplace, I am between frustration and cynical amusement.

lol… working from home is no vacation…

2 Likes

What does this statement from their end actually mean? That the marketplace update is late but is coming or that there won‘t be an update till next thursday or that there won’t be any updates at all until the ‚internal issue‘ is resolved???

That statement is so vague that it could mean anything. One could show some sort of understanding and patience but this is just a dumpster fire turned to eleven.

They release the flight sim to Xbox bringing countless new players in and at the same time breaking the only way those countless new player would spent more money. And then the useless communication on top. How can one be so absolutely incompetent?

6 Likes

The marketplace is becoming a farce. No updates again.

6 Likes

Can’t agree more. I hope more devs add to Xbox marketplace

2 Likes

It is not up to the devs…