The Marketplace has been updated! And with a few surprises:

• FlyTampa Copenhagen (EKCH)
  • FSDreamTeam Chicago 'O Hare (KORD)

Also other airports are available now like:

• Gaya/ORBX Kos
  • Gaya/ORBX Vienna
  • Aerosoft Paderborn (Free)!
15 Likes

I wont’ be able to access the game until later, but what is the O’Hare? Since the deluxe version includes a hand crafted O’Hare airport.

2 Likes

3 Likes

And some decent prices as well! Might pick up FlyTampa’s Copenhagen at first!

I bought the Kitfox plane from BT Studio. But it is unusable because the windows or glass make the game look like in 720p. They absolutely have to fix it.

4 Likes

Fly Tampa is great, especially the greek Airports. I hope they are planning something for FS2020.

Rip wallet

6 Likes

:rofl: LOL Indeed a lot of nice content is added now…

Well still don’t see the update for Orbx London city pack.
I see all these new airports available so what is the excuse for not having the latest update for the London city pack?

6 Likes

Haa funny literally after this post I went to delete and re-install the add-on and suddenly it shows update available. Maybe downloading the Paderborn airport triggered it.

1 Like

Ya, its pretty dreadful. The 3D model (the interior especially) isn’t even up to what I’d consider to be acceptable freeware standards, and the flaps don’t work.

2 Likes

Crazy… :joy:

1 Like

There is also no manual. How do I turn off the motor? :innocent:

so let me get this straight. you first downloaded/installed the Paderborn freeware addon. then you uninstalled ORBX london city add on. then the sim automatically told you that there’s an update available for the london city addon?

Darn cheek!

Some of the so-called “handcrafted” airports are pretty awful. Especially Madeira. Frankfurt is okayish, but isn’t much to write home about either. Especially since the surrounding area is 100% auto gen.

It really angers me to see, that the handcrafted Asobo O’Hare Airport - which you have to pay extra for in the Deluxe version - is not up to snuff, and that someone can charge you a second time with an addon only 3 weeks after the game was released.
The sadest thing is, that it’s available through the official marketplace. Looks like the guys at Asobo themselves don’t think too much of their own airport making skills … :-1:

3 Likes

No different from KDEN that’s been out pretty much since launch. Nobody’s being forced to buy and of these addons, it’s down to individuals to decide whether the improvement in quality justifies the cost.

9 Likes

No for London city pack it was saying it was up to date but showed the first version.
No update was showing then after downloading the new paderborn free add-on it suddenly showed that there was an update for the London city pack.

1 Like

Wow, good scenery devs have arrived.

3 Likes

London City pack update downloaded, and looks good - original O2, Tower Bridge etc restored, and QE2 bridge added. Great!!!

3 Likes

You’re right with KDEN of course but I think you’re also missing the point.
The whole reason to buy either the Deluxe or the Premium version was because of extra content. There’s no other reason to do it. And in essence MS suggests in the trailers and “making-of” videos that those “handcrafted” airports are extremely realistic and basically perfect. I mean what do you expect from something “handcrafted”? The word itself practically oozes “made with special attention to detail and vastly superior quality”.
And what do they do then? they offer two addons on their marketplace which basically show, that the “handcrafted” stuff you’ve already paid extra for, wasn’t worth it.

6 Likes