Marketplace updated!

You have to go in your content manager and it should have “Update available.” Same for London City airport.

Is it digusting? I find it actually represents my capital city well. OK. The textures may not be top class, but it makes the city i spend every day in, look like it should. And for 6 quid. I’m not complaining.

Just frustrated at the time its taken to get the update on marketplace.

4 Likes

The only disgusting thing I see is this kind of comment. Of course they’re charging for it. Someone did a lot of work on it and they deserve to be paid.

The addon looks a TON better than default London, and it comes with a ton of models. They don’t make themselves, last time I checked.

If you can do better, go right ahead.

5 Likes

I always just assumed it would be like previous versions. 99% of the airports generic, some to the point of being nearly unrecognizable, and the other 1% having custom buildings, but not much better quality than the autogen really.

The previous versions technically had “hand crafted” airports also, and tended to be advertised as such, just with somewhat less hype. None of them compared to a good 3rd party offering.

Yes, they hyped them up has a major reason to pay extra money, for a higher tier package. That’s true.

People then expected something really special because of that, and made assumptions that these were going to be on par with 3rd party payware.

Lesson learned. Fancy advert speak should always be taken with a grain of salt. Often it just translates to “Here’s more of the same, with a fancy bow. Now give us more money”.

2 Likes

The pedals and the center console has so bad/flat textures it is embarrassing (for BT Studio)

1 Like

Are you actually serious I think i spent more time on my free add-on repairing the terrain and water issues than they did with this they probably already had those objects to place in the sim

couple of screenshots of the awesome orbx work:

Oooh, goodness, there are a few discrepancies with terrain. They totally should not be paid for their work! :joy:

This kind of terrain isn’t designed to fly with your nose in the ground. It’s designed to enrich a very drab default city, and it does so swimmingly and for a rather low price point compared to others. If you think this is bad, you must be new to third-party addons.

You should be embarrassed, really.

11 Likes

But Whyyyyyyyy, would I want to go back to buying every single airport?

I honestly don’t get how people can feel a personal attachment to some specific airport… in a sim…to the point they go purchase it.

What do you do there all day? Just look at the buildings? Drive around?

5 Likes

HAHAHAHAHA why would I be embarrassed I have actually fixed all those terrain issue’s and I wasn’t getting paid and it was my first ever add-on ever. not gonna flood this post with moaning Your choice if you find the add-on acceptable.

It literally takes a minute to fix some of the terrain issue’s.

1 Like

I dont think there are many people that buy EVERY airport released, but many of us have some favorites that we fly in/out of very often. Then it is nice to have some realistic scenery to look at.

5 Likes

It certainly shows if you think this is something to rage about.

3 Likes

what. A minute?

1 Like

About the only one I ever buy is Meigs, because I know it well, and some jerk of a mayor illegally closed it so he could make a park. It’s the only way I can interact with that airport now.

Other than that, if I add any airports, they’re freeware, and I may or may not ever use them more than once or twice. They either get deleted again if I ever need the space, or if I actually like one, I base out of it for awhile.

2 Likes

■■■■ i was hoping there was more to it, but i guess jerk mayors is a fair enough reason.

2 Likes

I meant my add-on was the first I ever made not that the orbx add-on was my first.

Obviously not every single airport. Just some. And yes it does look good when your environment looks realistic and not just a generic brick. Anyways, we all have our preferences. High quality airports for $15 not even including the discount price for previous version owners which would knock like 30% of that or points system like Flightbeam uses? I’m sold. Genuinely exciting to watch how these guys will utilise the new features of the sim.

1 Like

Some of the terrain issue’s yeah, literally get a polygon or rectangle tool out in the sdk editor and flatten that bit of terrain, especially easy when in real life the area is pretty flat makes it easier.

No offence but you went onto the ORBX forum and ranted at them about how bad you think their addon is and how it messes up your work. As a result you have been greeted with a stony silence. If you had told them politely what you were doing, how the London addon affected your work and had asked if they would be kind enough to mod their scenery I suspect they would have obliged in time.

You are a clever guy and very helpful with great work which we all benefit from but sadly I think you have probably shot yourself in the foot with a lack of diplomacy when dealing with ORBX.

4 Likes

The definition of ‘handcrafted’ is down to interpretation. I can handcraft a sculpture but it doesn’t make me Michaelangelo. Likewise it’s also down to interpretation and opinion whether they are of sufficient quality. Personally I am happy with them as they are on par with a lot of payware you get in other sims, if not better,
and I got 10 of them (3 of which I fly from regularly) plus a bunch of aircraft for $60 which for me is good value. Others may disagree and that’s fine too.

I guess I’m just not one of the people that demands the best of everything (especially given the reasonable cost) and have got their tape measure out nit picking everything in this sim.

I actually bought KDEN because I liked what I saw, Flightbeam are new to me as they were sensible enough to steer clear of X-Plane and they seem like good devs making good products so why not support them, rather than throwing cash at the rehash quick buck merchants that have begun flooding the Marketplace.

3 Likes

While I understand you’re not satisfied with the Asobo “handcrafted” airports, keep in mind that the airports in the marketplace aren’t sold by Microsoft, they’re just providing the platform for third party developers to offer whichever kind of addon they want to sell, without MS taking much control over what’s on offer.