Massive FPS drop because of SU9

How do you remove the PG in the cities? I would like to try that. Thanks.

I finally was able to capture the stuttering which appears after a certain interval.
No PG enabled. Happens with every plane in any situation, any weather. Complete re-install of Win10 didn’t change anything either. This is a problem of SU9 and it won’t go away if it doesn’t get addressed by Asobo.
As you can see in the video, the FPS suddenly drop to around 27 and the stutters appear before catching up again.

2 Likes

After the hotfix the sim is still unplayable if I have photogrammetry enabled with the same settings as I had pre-SU9 (when I was consistently getting 25 fps at a minimum in congested areas like ORD or JFK. Even if I am at a slow, fairly sparse, class C airport (such as KCMI) I get multiple second long freezes upon taxi or moving to external camera. Dev mode shows 2-3 fps and 1-4k ms main thread latency, making it nearly impossible to use. Though I previously did attempt to get the plane off the ground prior to the hotfix and as soon as I reached 500-1000ft my fps returned to normal.

2 Likes

I can only use some of my payware FS Market aircraft and have to test every one for CTD’s - this has never happened to me before, not like this, not since early year-1. And I also didn’t expect my Mk9 Spitfire to crash me while starting it(at the same time I lose all of my panels and FIP’s). Very weird behaviour after SU9 and the recent hotfix has not solved the main issue CTD, but since a complete re-install(the install process and pop-up menus have changed) and the ‘new’ hotfix, I can fly a limited amount of my expensive payware. Honestly, it feels like a car manufacturer turning off functions while I’m driving, after taking my cash… Anyways, I can use the simulator but to continue, I now have to go back in time to 20 years ago, FIDDLING with my hardware and software to accommodate a buggy update, testing add-ons for countless hours. But, there is a Sniper game releasing in 2 weeks and I think it’s best to ‘down tools’ and wait this one out, perhaps cool down too :frowning:

1 Like

For me removing the PG cities and having Terrain LOD 300 for GA and 200 for airliners gives me the best balance between visuals and performance in the USA. LOD 100 would bring even higher frames but the viewing distance would be too low for me to enjoy. I’m glad you found the right settings for you.

1 Like

You can remove the PG cities in the content manager as described in the following thread:

1 Like

Voted
Same situation since SU9 Hotfix: stutters in the world map setting flight and during the flight taxi/takoff/cruise/landing/taxi

Just voted. Its just not playable anymore on the ground regardless of what I fly. Happening in PG areas in the US. PG runs just fine outside the US.

2 Likes

I was fine after SU9. No discernable different in performance for me.

Since this week’s hotfix though, I’ve lost 5-10 fps overall while in the air, and closer to 15 fps on the ground. And experiencing terrible stuttering everywhere. I’m now heavily CPU limited (Main thread) with 2 cores being pegged at 100% use when MSFS is running. Tried loweing TLOD down from 150 to 10 and it makes zero difference in performance. Prior to this patch, my performance was great everywhere. Only was experiencing the same ground stuttering most people seem to be seeing currently. And that stuttering had been around for me since at least SU6 / 7 timeframe.

This is running a Ryzen 9 5950X, 64GB 3600MHz RAM, RTX2080.

1 Like

I have to second these thoughts. On Monday I installed the 5800x3D and was over the moon. Then the next day I noticed the performance was way worse than before. I started to seriously considering to replace it back to the old one. I had a busy week and completely forgot there was a patch ‘on the following day’. Until now I tried the same things; LOD, gauges refresh rate, etc just to ease the pressure on the CPU. No luck at all. Had no performance hit by any SU apart the fifth one, but this hotfix ruined everything.

1 Like

My experience with this issue so far…

• Start my flight with ~ 35 - 45 fps

• After 1h in flight … frame drop to 10 fps

• Turned off the avionics switch in flight ! > getting back 45 fps instantly

• 10 min of flight … frame drop to 10 fps

• Turned off the avionics switch in flight ! > getting back 45 fps instantly

1 Like

Ok I see the PG entries for the different cities but what does the “GOTY” PG one cover?

@Sonny3621 Helsinki (Finland), Freiburg im Breisgau (Germany), Brighton, Derby, Eastbourne, Newcastle, and Nottingham (UK) and Utrecht (Netherlands).

1 Like

Same problem here…starting up the sim just fine…but after SU9 could only flight about 2-2,5hours then stuttering starts…after the hotfix it got even worse…meanwhile even 1 hour flights start to stutter at the end…it mostly gets severe when starting the decent…Already lowered my grafic stettings but there is nor difference…with the pmdg 737 i sometimes get around 10-15fps in the approch…this is not flyable anymore

3 Likes

Lol more than 300 votes already. Why is there still no statement from Asobo?
Since SU9 came out I wasn’t able to enjoy a single flight. Stutters as far as the eye can see.

5 Likes

Agree a statement would be nice, but the thread has the “investigating” tag, so hopefully that means it got someone’s attention at Asobo.

3 Likes

Just lowered my LOD from 200 to 100 and although my fps went up the stutters are still there! :pensive:

4 Likes

is this FPS thing for real? I mean, just for doing the SU9 update I will lose tons of FPS, is there any quick fix?

I have never had a game that you have to completely reconfigure ever time there is a update before. Have to say it not funny anymore . Time they fix the real issues.

6 Likes

Won’t jump to conclusions but I switch a CPU setting in my bios a month ago and just set it to all core and suddenly my stutters went away on the ground. Previously the CPU’s frequency would be in the lower 3ghz. Now its around 5ghz. PMDG 737 currently loaded 200 on both LOD at KATL and no issues at least not yet!
Will continue testing.

1 Like