Massive FPS drop because of SU9

I have never had a game that you have to completely reconfigure ever time there is a update before. Have to say it not funny anymore . Time they fix the real issues.

6 Likes

Wonā€™t jump to conclusions but I switch a CPU setting in my bios a month ago and just set it to all core and suddenly my stutters went away on the ground. Previously the CPUā€™s frequency would be in the lower 3ghz. Now its around 5ghz. PMDG 737 currently loaded 200 on both LOD at KATL and no issues at least not yet!
Will continue testing.

1 Like

I was getting a degrade, then something happened, not sure what and everything was back to being blazing fast again with the same settings. Now after this last hot fix update everything is degraded again and I have had to turn off PG to get good FPS. sigh.

2 Likes

Same problem here

1 Like

Update: It is still lagging tremendously! 8cores and 16threads @5ghz just cannot keep up!!!
I am flying the C310 over Seattle and it the lag is unreal!
Seems like the sim is running much worse in exterior view! Previous builds the difference wasnā€™t this significant!
The GPU usage is also dropping when this occurs.

2 Likes

Yeah exterior view is completely broken now for whatever reason. I posted a few screenshots and videos in this thread already, which highlights some of those issues.
I hope Asobo will fix it soon.

This may sound silly, But i think the LOD should be optimized I can only run it at 45 to maintain a good FPS also for SU1 through 3 had the best FPS i was getting between 55 and 70fps on High to Ultra settings now I can barely run High

It definitely has something to do with the clouds. Iā€™m flying from Thiruvanantapuram, KE, India to Bangkok in Thailand. Partially covered over the Indian Ocean. Inside the cockpit 60 fps, outside 53-54. It might be normal since the landscape uses more resources, but what I donā€™t understand it why the fps drop increases little by little. If I remove the clouds, everything goes back to normal 60 fps.

Even without the clouds the terrain is really not smooth, stutter became predictable and now gives me anxiety when flying.
The clouds does have a very negative impact now.
So frustrated with thisā€¦!!!

2 Likes

Yesā€¦ especially when live weather is on. If you turn it off, the situation improves a lot.
Besides, when Iā€™m taxing I can only see the closest part of the runway with a good definition. Everything beyond seems to be blurry and it only becomes crystal clear as you approach that area.

1 Like

And I donā€™t know why, but the simulator has closed and sent me back to the desktop three times today, when it never did it before! This works worse and worse every day, I have paid a lot of money and now I feel totally scammed!!

4 Likes

I am starting to believe that they know what have changed but are not willing to revert for some reason.
The terrain is laggy, jumpy.
Picture in general seems shaky.
Ton of aliasing everywhere when was not present in su8.
Beta ran very well until last patch.
Dropped frame even when just waiting in cockpit with engine off.
Real question for me is, should i get Xplane or Aerofly ?
Not the same but at least they run.
They did not even apologise or anything, that level of costumer service is the not acceptable to say the least.
Letā€™s just waitā€¦

5 Likes

Clouds is only one issue but there are still many others.
I still have stutters on ground, stutters when panning the camera, external camera is on 30 FPS and occasional stutters when flying. A lot to do for Asobo. Is there a chance they will release a patch together with the next World Update?

With the latest 1.15.9.0 fix I have very low fps rate on ground. it shutters very bad. I use VR but also non-VR is now just around 22 fps in when on ground or when I get close to ground (landing). First I thought it might has to do something with my windows installation as it suddenly updated something when I did some configuration changes. Windows seems to work exactly as before. Now I had reinstalled the entire Flight Sim and my NVIDIA video driver (fresh) without luck. And Iā€™m using a 3080Ti.

6 Likes

Yes, it does seem a bit ignorant on their behalf, maybe also relying on those that for some reason, arenā€™t effected to beat down everyone that complains?

Itā€™s extremely bad business to keep your customers out of the loop when something fails, and not everyone chases down the video interviews for each update, also they just say that ā€˜we are aware of thatā€™ā€¦ but ā€˜thatā€™ puts so many people out of the simulator and itā€™s borderline unfair for paying customers.
This simulator, as it stands, is not worth the amount of CTDā€™s encountered in just one session and I hate that my stubbornness keeps trying :frowning:

2 Likes

I gotta say mine looked terrible too after the last update. What fixed it for me was using the default graphic setting to set it to High and then applying the settings, and then adjusting these settings to suit my preferences.

This seemed to fix the uglyness for me; looks great now!

1 Like

Until recently I had no bigger issues with MSFS2020 - performance and stability wise. With SU9 and the hotfix that changed noticeably. My FPS are way lower than before and the performance near and on the ground has never been as bad.

BUT what Iā€™ve learned so far: they will always find a solution. I know that we all want a trouble-free experience - of course we do. This project ā€œMSFSā€ is a huge endeavor and problems are to be expected. While the experience I made the past few hours (including a CTD on final after 3 hrs of flight) was not the best, I know from past experience, that there will be a solution. While they (Asobo) wonā€™t communicate as much, as some of us would like them to do, I believe that they deserve a bit of patience on our behalf. So far I have logged many hundred hours in MSFS and that goes to show: with all the small issues (and even larger catastrophes that are bound to happen in a constantly updated environment) they are set on fixing things. And just for perspective: I use an I7 6700k and a 1080 - and had - until now - excellent performance in the sim. Soā€¦ I will let them work and be patient :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I respect your point of view, but I donā€™t share it at all. I still donā€™t know why Microsoft trusted Asobo, a company whose experience is questionable, for such an important project. Asobo has never produced anything which is worth playing, at least according to me. They should have entrusted this project to a real and reliable AAA game producer.

5 Likes

After two days of trying to fight with my FPS drop, i win! I looks lot of topics at forums, i did some modification in windows services etc, but problem was not deepā€¦ After i delete Toolbar Pushback from AmbitionPilot, my problem is gone.
Guys, at first check your free addons.

I sat here for a WEEK thinking I was doing something wrong or something was faulty I ran test after test switched setting after setting. Uninstalled every addon. Just to find itā€™s not me itā€™s them. I know I only have a 3050 but still thereā€™s no reason that on medium I should be getting sub 20FPS on the ground. When my older system with a core i5 5th gen and a 1080 got consistent 40FPS on THE SAME SETTINGS at 1440P mind I hadnā€™t been on pc since su4 then it died and I just got a new pc right after SU9. Shouldnā€™t performance be improved after all this time? Surely thereā€™s no logical way after all this time my new fully bios upgraded system with a core i5 10th gen and a 3050 with 32GB ram at 3600Mghz should be getting worse performance right? Am I missing something.

1 Like