Massive FPS drop because of SU9

still not fixed, cannot use this sim- it is really frustrating this low fos slideshow dim, fsx runs even better- performance wise!! Fix it already, done with it for the time being. Very sad.
Prior to SU 8 it was better, but after SU 9- horrible. 3090 TI 12900K

6 Likes

It has to be something on Asoboā€™s side. I use to have pretty stable 40+ fps when cruising VFR at 2000-5000ft AGL. Now I still get those fps but they are fluctuating into the low twenties, especially when on final. This is very annoying, I constantly have stutters. I tried to play with my graphic settings, disabling Bing maps, photogrammetry, reducing my resolution, nothing seem to help.

4 Likes

Really annoying seeing that it is still marked as ā€˜investigatingā€™ and not ā€˜bug loggedā€™.
Unbelievable level of unprofessionalismā€¦

9 Likes

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OPā€™s steps to reproduce it?

YES

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Afetr ~1h of flight FPS drops to 20-30 from 50-60, then 5-10 fps at landing, lags when turn view, low fps stability, etc. PC: i5-10600K 4,8GHz, CPU Liqid Cooler, RTX3070ti, 32Gb RAM, High-End graphic preset, Win11 x64. Rendering limited by Main Thread. This happens absolutely every flight. It doesnā€™t matter what the departure or destination airport is. It can be over land or sea. CPU and GPU temp is ok.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

3 Likes

If so, I demand Microsoft to refund my MSFS premium version purchase immediately. Either they solve the problem quickly or I will file a complaint with the competent authority for sales fraud.

6 Likes

Itā€™s just awful!
I have now completely reinstalled 4x (with and without 3rd addons) even with and completely without WUā€™S.
Tried from 1920x1080 to WQHD to 4k (all low to ultra)ā€¦ But I got extremely bad fps, so bad itā€™s unacceptable!
I am so terribly disappointed. Everything is getting worse and worse in this sim, Iā€™ve been at it since TechAlpha but now Iā€™ve had enough!
Realistic flight behavior? No! (we were told there are 1k attack points for wind on the planesā€¦where are they please?)
Correct live weather with all possible cloud textures? No!
Basic elements like weather radar or the TOD etc? No!
ATC? a disaster!
I really regret switching to MSFS2020 2.5 years ago!
The only thing MSFS2020 can do is look good, but thatā€™s about it.
Itā€™s like in real lifeā€¦Itā€™s not just about the looks, itā€™s about the inner values!
Will definitely move to X-Plane 11 now and stay there! Hallow be X-Plane 12 is coming!!! <3 Bye

4 Likes

Clever decision

3 Likes

I mitigate the problem moving my LOD from 100 to 50 and restarted the SIM.

Does anyone could try and validate this behavior?

Tried it but no change in Vr, terrain still jumps every 5 sec or so (reinstalled 5 times everything over past month).

2 Likes

Any news about this in the Q&A session or are they just going to ignore this?

2 Likes

They are clearly nor replying so yeah seems like they are ignoring it.
Then, one day will receive a patch that will make things better, or worse.
We canā€™t complain, we canā€™t express opinion, we canā€™t fly and of courseā€¦deal with it.
Lovely lovely lovely experience msfs :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Edit

Forgot to ad, might be your pc mate !!! :joy:

7 Likes

Has anything been said on performance issues in last Q&A?

2 Likes

There will be new things to buy soon. Half-finished planes, liveriesā€¦ And the clouds look like they were painted. Thatā€™s quite an goodperformance, isnā€™t it?

Today, i go down to 8-14FPS from 45 ā€¦after 8min flight :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil:

Edit, dissable live weather (in option menu/online data) and switch to Rex WF, gave me 10 FPS back
Once again it is confirmed that many problems are caused by the lousy server.

1 Like

As of today not that iā€™ve heard, post is still marked as ā€˜investigatingā€™ā€¦
They have other priorities i guess.

1 Like

I know this thread is about fps drop, but maybe this help someone.

If you fly with dev mode, the stutters gone, like magic. I donā€™t know why, just try it.

1 Like

I can fly up to 10 hours without seeing any performance drops. After 10 hours its from a fixed FPS of 36 down to 15fps when panning around and 22fps when not panning. Its the most annoying issue with MSFS for me right now and it clearly has been going on for quite some time. Get your act togther Asobo, if you donā€™t sort this issue out, devs that will release long haul aircraft in the near future arenā€™t going to have a lot of happy customers. Come on Asobo, do something!

5 Likes

Good to know they almost completely acted like this thread didnt exist during the Q&Aā€¦

Stability, performance and SDK functionality is all we need Asobo.

5 Likes

i just voted this tread! my FPS are horrible at the moment! i hope Asobo is aware of this catastrophe !

6 Likes

exactly the same here, i even turned the render scale to about 10 just to test, and the FPS will battle to maintain 25 - using 4K

1 Like

Anyone tried this yet?