Massive FPS drop because of SU9

I just joined the MSFS Beta and sadly I experienced the exact same stutter and lag. With Offscreen Terraing Pre-Caching at Ultra it is still kinda playable, when lowering it to Medium it becomes an unplayable stuttery mess. I have a 400Mbit/s connection that is reaching 420Mbit/s when doing a speedtest.

I will have to fly in DEV mode then, it is steady 45 fps.

Might have a look here again later this week if there’s a trend :slightly_smiling_face:

Zendesk might be able to help but of course it means faithfully following their procedures list or they suddenly become uncooperative.

1 Like

i notice that the beta is running next door. The SU09 servers are much emptier, so the frames in SU09 run smoother again. :joy: :rofl: :joy:

Or is it the red power cord? xD

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

I had similar problems prior to SU9, after NDU fix I had 0 performance issue, and now it’s unplayable

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Did you try to undo the NDU fix? Maybe windows update changed something?

hmmm bet, i was about to try the SU10 beta first, but If you think reversing the NDU fix will fix it than i wont argue with that because the sim indeed went to ■■■■■ after the windows update

Its possible that windows reset it with the update. Hell its windows its possible there some little something or other causing a problem, wouldnt be the 1st time in this and alot of other products over the year, I remember one update ‘official’ that broke windows explorer for alot of us, so you booted into a black screen no task bar no desk top etc, you had to load things from cmd to launch a browser, so you could get a secondary window manager until it was fixed ;p

I still have the ndu fix and the polar opposite of stutters so I doubt it’s that.
It’s very possible that some haven’t tuned their settings since the update. V-sync off naturally, they can always set it later. Anyone still struggling might want to try the beta.

So i have tried different things yesterday… changing the NDU valve back didn’t fixed my problem so I brought back the NDU fix. opting in the insider program for SU10 did fixed the FPS issue but now everytime i try to fly on on vatsim using AIG models for traffic, crashes my simulator… how do i go back to SU9 or when is the next AIG/SU beta update?

If you didnt save a backup of su9, then you’ll have to do a re-install of the sim. If it got better when you installed the insider program, then there is something in the last windows release causing it. As for the next beta your guess is as good as anyones as to when the next one will be out.

1 Like

This is exactly what I’m experiencing.
Also, I’ve noticed that the frame-rate greatly worsens when I’ve filed a flight-plan. When I fly, without using a flight-plan, the sim seems less prone to exhibiting frame-rate issues.

1 Like

Nvidia users might want to try disabling the GeForce Experience “In-Game Overlay” setting in gef options.

I was getting severe lag spikes with it enabled. SEVERE.

we mentioned what this might cause: redo a test with disabled PG

which language you have set ? I remember an issue with chinesse where setting of unicode UTF beta can fix that
: Please solve the problem of low GPU occupancy - #19 by MichaMMA
: If I set the landing airport, when I take off I will get very low FPS (low as 10fps) - #20 by xkeyC

This should be called “PC Configuration SImulator”

1 Like

Naw that wouldnt work since some peoples slowdowns are just plain old network connection issue. Ranging from bad net cable, to ISP interference, to network being down/slow between here and there, and last but not least servers overloaded.

Not that there arent people that dont have misconfigurations as well, but there are just way to many variables to consider it just a PC simulator. ;p Bwhahahahahh!

Thanks MichaMMA for your response.

I’ve never been very good at deciphering acronyms.

What does PG mean and how do I disable it in the sim?

Thanks again. :slight_smile:

-Mike

1 Like

Had that problem since SU9. In my case the beta SU10 solved it.

ah, sorry… meant Photogrammetry :slight_smile:

To disable PG go into the setting menu , click general, click data…there you will see offline online / bing maps / Photogrammetry etc just click Photo to off if you do it from in a flight it will take a few min. to re draw the scenery if you do if from the main screen its immediate.