Massive FPS drops and stutters over LA

If you are flying another route in MSFS and then (without exiting the simulator) start another flight you will probably get low frame rates or the worst a CTD. Always exit MSFS and then start the new route and even better reboot the PC

The same here. Loaded a c172 at FD74.
7 fps …
Take off straight to the south. When passing 1200ft AGL, framerates jumped up to normal.
Then turning north towards the airfield at 2000ft. When approaching the airfield, framerates again took a dive to 7fps.

Intel i9 10900K
Radeon RX6900XT
16Gb RAM
1 Tb PCIe SSD

Massive FPS drops also at Tulare KTLR, Monument Valley UT25, and a few hundreds other places around the world, pointless to report them all.

If this is true, asobo must have used much much more of the original fsx code hidden under a new coat of paint than anyone thought lol.

Island hopping isn’t as demanding as densely populated urban areas with vast cityscapes.
Caribbean has been butter smooth since launch.

The Caribbean has at least one stutter spot over Old Road Town in Saint Kitts near TKPK.

Gonna give it a look🍻

Try it (restart simulator) and let us know the results please.

LA since launch with massive fps drops and stutters for me.
every update I hope they addressed that.

2 Likes

LAX has always been an area of terrible performance. The city itself is quite detailed, is all photogrammetry, and very heavily populated, so it’s to be expected, I suppose. At least to some extent.

Arriving at the airport itself adds another layer of performance hit. I suspect that the custom airport is not very well optimized. This seems to be a common theme with msot of the major custom airports that were in the sim at launch.

1 Like

I have also FPS drops since the last update, but I was surprised that I have no problems over LA now. I think maybe the problems are somehow related to your local cache and then when an area is cached wrong you have problems and stutters every time at the same geographic location. But if you are lucky, maybe a whole city can run without any problems.

I would try to delete the manual cache for this area and see if the performance drops appear at the same location after you build the cache again or use the rolling cache.

I flew the CRJ Into LAX last night on vatsim. Some stutter when flying east from the shoreline toward downtown, but not horrific, also not great. Made the turn south to join the final 25L and the slide show began. Eventually turned west to line up on final 10-15 NM from the airport and for 4-5 minutes got 2fps and went almost nowhere. By FAR the worst stuttering freezing I have ever encountered in this program. I used to fly this approach all the time before last update with no issues. It made me very angry to say the least… And I thought Florida was bad. LA is 10x worse

Not complaining but, similar issue when flying over Melbourne, Australia. Freezes for roughly 20 seconds, numerous times.
i7-10700F
GTX-2080 super
32GB ram
1TB SSD

Welcome to my world :-((((((((

For me too. KATL unusable

Same for me

Just did a test run from KGPM towards Bishop 76T. Was flying at 1200ft and getting 38-42 FPS until 1nm from Bishop when it dropped to 2FPS almost instantly. I let it fly straight towards Fortworth Alliance airport and the FPS jumped back at 2 nm past Bishop. Looks like a blackhole and this is very rural and sparsely populated, only scrub and bushes. This somewhere I would never have thought of flying so it did not bother me but it must be in other places and needs fixing. I actually liked the look of the area and will fly there more often.

Not sure I’ll ever bother with LAX,NYC or Charles de Gaulle in Paris in VR again.
I do need to check Toronto Pearson area…that place has been problematic with scenery/object performance load in all sims since FSX.:rofl:
Nothing tops LAX or NYC though…tons of vast cityscape,air traffic, ground traffic and several moving airport processes happening simultaneously and need to be rendered twice for VR’s stereoscopic 3D.
Performance go bye bye… :sob:

Oh no I know it works, it was the same recommendations as back when using fsx. I just now really wonder how much of what we’re using is actually FSX with a new coat of paint lol.