Massive FPS loss in A320 after about 1 hr of flight

Hello everyone, My specs are as follows:
WIN 10
i9-9900K @3.6 No over clocking
64 GB RAM
MSI 3080 No over clocking
1TB Samsung Evo SSD

I have been flying with Medium to high graphic setting with 30-60+ FPS at the beginning of the flight through cruise. in the latter 1/3 of the flight (decent mostly) I begin experiencing a massive loss of FPS (sometimes down to single digits). If I completely close out the sim and restart I am back to where I started (30-60+ FPS) Has this been addressed by anyone yet? Thanks for any advice.

Are you flying through clouds?

it is a known issue. same here. its not only the framerate, it is more like stutters become worse over time in my case. the more complex the flightplan, the more worse the stutters over in my case.

I know that FlyByWireSim is working on different things to solve this issue.

2 Likes

Yes, I’m using REX… I guess there is a post about disabling the VFR MAP. I’m going to try this on my next flight.

Were you flying near (within 32nm) a POI with FAUNA, specifically with birds?

Before creating a topic in the #Bugs-and-Issues categories, assure no mods or 3rd party add-ons are installed per the guidelines of this section.

The purpose of the #Bugs-and-Issues categories is to discuss issues that affect the base simulator (MSFS default content). Please do not discuss issues with third-party addons, or modifications in this category.

If you believe your issue may be caused by a third-party addon/mod, empty your community folder, restart the simulator and try to reproduce the error.

All issues caused by, or involving third-party addons/mods should be reported to the third-party developer. All issues related to the core simulator (MSFS default content) can be formally reported through Zendesk.