Maybe a Dumb Question -- Can Others See I am Flying an F-15?

Can other simmers see that I am flying the F-15 even if they don’t have it? My gut tells me no? So do they just see a general aviation AC flying mach 2? :wink:

3 Likes

That i a funny but good question. I’m also flying the new F15 :grin::+1:

It might depend on whether they have the F-15 in their hangar also. Great question. Would be good to get more feedback on this.

1 Like

I for one am glad i don’t see that awful scam flying around.

6 Likes

In past versions of MSFS, if the other people did not have the exact model in their hanger, all they would see is the default Cessna.

I do wonder if the behavior is still the same.

1 Like

it’s not a scam – just isn’t fully polished. And @CodenameJack447 has already modded it so that it flies much faster and better. Loving it.

No they will not see it. They will see the name of your plane where it is visible, but the model will appear to be a generic traffic prop plane.

Since release, the default aircraft shown to other clients without the same files is the Bonanza.

This extends to liveries and 3rd party aircraft mods too, not just addon aircraft. So for example if I’m flying the CJ4 Working title mod, and you don’t have the mod installed, you wont see a CJ4, but instead a bonanza.

Recently, my mates and I did a flight in 3 DA62s. One was using the White and Blue aviatiors livery, and the other didn’t have the livery installed. He only saw me as the default DA62 while he saw the other with the livery as a green Bonanza.

In the case of the F15, other user’s will just see a Bonanza. What MSFS should have done was include a drop down of “generic” aircraft to have yours displayed as should another client not have the mod. These generic would be shared across all clients… This is how Vatsim and Pilot Edge handle model matching. Upon connecting, the user specifies aircraft type code which corresponds to the closest resembling aircraft as part of the sim’s available files…

Trolling? I would suggest you follow the developers update on their FB page. Most fun plane in this sim atm at least for me! I am having a lot of fun with it!!

I wish i was believe me, but no.
Releasing it in this state for more than 20 dollars is a scam, the model itself is laughably bad, don’t get me started on the avionics.

But hey, it’s your money, go for it.

5 Likes

Question, I’ve started flying on Vatsim not so long time ago, are you sure it handles model matching with MSFS ??

Yep completely agree

To the OP…it was not a dumb question as I was going to ask it as well, in regard to the MB339.

The answer above would explain why I occasionally see Bonanzas pulling off some serious moves! I was buzzed by one as I was taking off at Caernarfon last week and it shot off like it had a rocket up its backside! Most likely it was a 339 heading to The Mach Loop :slight_smile:

So if I have the 339 will it show other players using it correctly or do they still appear as a Bonanza?

I hope not. Why would other see it if they don’t have it? That scam doesn’t need more advertising.

2 Likes

If you own the plane, you’ll see others flying it. If you don’t own the plane, you’ll see a Bonanza or generic model. It’s the same for any 3rd party plane. If you don’t have the model on your computer, there’s no way you can see that model in the sim.

I am glad someone asked that question as I have been flying the Piaggio 149D and wondered that. I also own the Grumman Goose and have seen a couple parked in airports I have landed at. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Anyone know what the Euro Fighter in the store is like?

From initial reports, it’s garbage.

1 Like

:frowning:

At the very least, people seem displeased with it. I haven’t looked into it closely as I have no interest in it, but so far, it sounds like people aren’t very happy with it considering the price.

1 Like