Maybe, soon I lost my patience

So, I have to buy a new MSFS via MS Store since I’m using windows 10 and login in as a windows user and buy games ONLY from MS Store? What happens to my Premium Deluxe MSFS2020 Steam version? still CTD on click Fly or sometimes on the world map (CTD even on exiting MSFS) since 1.19.8.0. I did follow the guides and do checklists on every step, none is working. I Cant do a refund because I play MSFS2020 since it was launched on Steam. Steam can’t do anything (so i give a bad review…sorry). I’m hoping/dreaming that I can transfer my Steam account to MS Store. Are there any more coming fix update? Really desperate to fly!

P.S Sorry for my English

My specs are “recommended specs” exactly as stated in https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013463459-Minimum-Recommended-and-Ideal-PC-Specifications-for-Microsoft-Flight-Simulator

Check what dll the game is loading.
Probably you have the “C1” bug.

1 Like

What? No. Why would you re-buy the game from the store if you already own it on steam?

1 Like

I don’t have those installed on my machine.

I’ve been running the Steam purchased version fine. No need for any MS bloatware

3 Likes

You shouldn’t really be buying it again. That would be a complete waste especially if you have add ons too.

I have the Steam version and actually prefer it.

If I was you I would try to resolve your issues. You might even come across them again if you buy a second version on the Store. Maybe some of us here can help.

Everything with Steam was fine for me before, I fly anywhere I like, great fps, good addons, etc until new updates come & screw things up.

1 Like

Have you installed and loged into the new/updated XBox App?

Yep i did, If i dont, there will be an xbox login appears when MSFS is loading

If you bought MSFS on Steam, you don’t need to buy a new MSFS. Please log in to Steam. There should be the MSFS you purchased there. And you can reinstall it as many times as you like. Due to the number of bugs in recent updates, I have removed and reinstalled MSFS several times. Good luck!

1 Like

Yea, there’s no reason to buy a second copy unless you want the play anywhere feature and plan on buying an XBoxX/S

Why do you want to switch to the MS store version? I do not get this, are you looking for trouble? I recommend that you reinstall the Steam version after completely uninstalling the one you currently have problem with.

I also have CTD after flight when I exit to main menu.

For almost two months I can no longer play the simulator, since update 5 every time I enter the main menu game interface, after about 30 seconds it crashes and takes me out of the desktop without error.
MY PC specifications:My PC: Gigabyte Machine Technology Co., Ltd. - B365M DS3H
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Memory 16 GB
Intel (R) Core ™ i5-9600KF CPU @ 3.70GHz processor
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. - B365M DS3H
Video Cards NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660
PHL 243V5 monitors
WDC WD10EZEX-00MFCA0 Hard Disk (1.0 TB)
Network Card WAN Miniport (IKEv2)

CPU

Processor
Name Intel Core i5 9600K
Code Name Coffee Lake
TDP 95 W
Package Socket 1151 LGA
Technology 14 nm
Core Voltage 1.03 V
Specification Intel (R) Core ™ i5-9600KF CPU @ 3.70GHz
Family 6
Model –
Stepping -
Ext. Family -
Ext. Model –
Revision P0
Instructions MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, x86-64, NX, VMX, AES, AVX, AVX2, FMA3, TSX

Clocks
Core Speed ​​3597.4 MHz
Multiply x 36
Bus Speed ​​99.9 MHz
QPILink -

Cache
L1 Data 6 x 32 KBytes
L1 Inst 6 x 32 KBytes
Level 2 6 x 256 KBytes
Level3 9216 KBytes

Motherboard

Motherboard
Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Model B365M DS3H x.x
Intel Coffee Lake chipset
Revision 0A
Southbrige Intel IDA2CC
Revision 00
LPCIO -

BIOS
Core Speed ​​American Megatrends Inc.
Version F5
Date 08/13/2019

Graphic Interface
Version -
Transfer Rate -
Max. Supported -

Memory

General
DDR4 type
Size 16384 MBytes
Channel # -
DC Model -
NB Frequency -

Timings
DRAM Frequency 1332.4 MHz
FSB: DRAM -
CAS # Latency (CL) 19 clocks
RAS # to CAS # Delay (tRCD) 19 clocks
RAS # Precharge (tRP) 19 clocks
Cycle Time (rRAS) 43 clocks
Bank Cycle Time (tRC) -
Command Rate (CR) 2 clocks

Graphics

GPU
Name NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660
Code Name -
Technology -
Revision -

Clocks
Core -
Shader -
Memory -

Memory
Size 6144 MBytes
Type 8
Bus Width -

I have run into this CTD problem to. Update 5 is what hosed me. I uninstalled and reinstalled and still no luck. I now get about 10 minutes or so and my system either freezes or reboots. This is so infuriating.