Megeve airport (LFHM) cause CTD for me

With windsock solution I could land Megeve in the last leg of trip, it said it successfully completed but completion was stuck at 94% so there is indeed a bug.
Now I will try your method, and waiting to download W.Update.

I have reinstalled the World Update France and still no luck for me. CTD if I pass the windsock. If I donā€™t pass it there is no CTD but the bush trip wonā€™t trigger as 100% despite of saying Leg Completed.

What a weird thing going on here.

I put my community folder back and tried with the DA40NG, boom, CTD again.
I may be narrowing down as along time ago I must have installed a mod for the DA40NG called DA40NGX (it stopped RPM redlining all the time etc). Part of the mod lives in the community folder and part doesnā€™t. Iā€™ve deleted it (along with a DA62X mod that Iā€™d forgotten about too). It seems to persist even when the community folder is removed. Iā€™m currently doing some more testing.

I remember mooonths ago I have installed a DA62 mod for the instrument lighting knob. For decrease the brightness of panels. But I canā€™t recall if the mod was only for Community folder or did I copy anything to another folder. Maybe we should also try to reinstall DA named planes.

I think I found it. Just delete the LFMH - Megeve airport from the content manager. To do this go to World Update France and click the right side of 3 Lined section, that way you can select the content for France Update seperately. Inside here just delete the Megeve.

This will of course delete the characteristic of Megeve. You know that angled runway etc. But I could land now with DA40

Now I am flying on last leg of bush trip. Will update later.

1 Like

Well, I think Iā€™m an idiot. Do you remember when Princeps asked if I had the Garmin G1000 NXI mod installed? Well, guess what, I do. I never spotted it because it wasnā€™t in the community folder, itā€™s in the content manager and I must have downloaded it without remembering (Iā€™m a sucker for free things!). I think this is maybe whatā€™s causing my issues.
Have managed to land at Megeve again in the DA49NG since deleting it . More testing required but itā€™s looking favourite for me at the moment.

1 Like

So the CTD reasons are different for us it seems. I have also managed to land in bush trip without CTD by deleting the official LFHM addon from Asobo.

But here is another problem. The bush trip wonā€™t completing. It says the leg is completed. But it is stuck at 94%

I donā€™t know what to do next. The sim wants me to start from the beginning or what. What an awful things we have to deal with.

Mine stayed at 94% until I went to the main menu and then back to bush trip or until I restarted. I canā€™t remember which

Aah that did it. Went back to main menu, now it sees as 100%

Whoa. What an adventure.

1 Like

Congratulations!!! At least we have no reason to come back to Megeve again.
Mine just CTD again there but now it doesnā€™t do it everytime so I call that a small win

Thanks! Did you try to remove the official LFHM addon from inside of the France World Update? Not a big difference than generated Megeve but it should eliminate CTD there.

@tugayizmir No, I didnā€™t remove LFHM from the World Update as I am now able to land there most of the time without a CTD and Iā€™ve managed to complete the french bushtrip.

Summary: So it seems there are two possible work-arounds to try and eliminate CTDā€™s at Megeve Altiport (LFHM) to enable the completion of the Bordeaux to Mont Blanc bush trip.

1. As suggested by @tugayizmir, is to go to the content manager in your profile, select world udate IV (France, Belgium etc.) and click on the three dots at the righthand side. Find LFHM - Megeve, select it and then click delete at the bottom of the screen. This will remove the updated version of Megeve Altiport and leave you with the pre update scenery. This method worked for @tugayizmir

2. As suggested by @Princeps is to go to your content manager and delete the Garmin G1000 NXi content (if you have it downloaded) by selecting it and clicking delete. This method worked for me.

Thank you to all who posted, helped and made suggestions.
Hopefully this may be of some use to others.

Jonney

6 Likes

Ok, iā€™ve just finished the bushtrip :crazy_face:
No CTD !

Thanks a lot @JonneyNapalm375 , @tugayizmir , @Princeps

Crashed for me too, just after a good touch-down at Megeve. Canā€™t taxi to a stop before the sim just disappears.

Thanks all! Disabling the world update worked for me. Finally finished the final leg of the trip 3 time around.

1 Like

Dang it,

Just after touching down at LFHM, CTD!!!
After this CTD, I did a search on this forum and discovered I was not the only one.

So this is what Iā€™ll do. I will take a break flying for the weekend and continue producing some music in the wait for the hotfix early next week.

Hopefully this will solve the ctd problem. If not, I will submit a ticket to the Zendesk.

Thanks for this thread!

Happy weekend and landings!!

Cheers Mark

1 Like

Just a small update, the reply from Zendesk to the ticket I raised for this:-

Dear Jonney,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Flight Simulator Support today.

We have requalified this ticket into a bug report. Our team of experts will review the information you provided to categorize and prioritize the issue. Please be aware that, while we review each report manually, we are unable to provide an individual update, unless our experts require more information.

Kind regards,
Microsoft Flight Simulator Support Team

Also, I have linked this thread in the bug report to Zendesk, so hopefully they may read it and see where the issues are.

2 Likes

I also have this issue. I have the G1000Nxi, will try without it. By the way, it happens with different planes, also with ones that donā€™t have G1000 (Spitfire).

It happened with every plane I owned, well, the ones that are small enough to land at Megeve anyway.
I ultimatly think there is an issue with the World Update IV scenery at Megeve.
Let us know how you get on. Good luck!

Jonney

1 Like

Great work!! Much appreciated!!

Cheers Mark