Menestrel HN-433 and 434

Thanks for comparing me to a publisher like CaptainSim :blush:
That said, the talk is about how I haven’t authorized the liveries, which isn’t quite true. I repeat a paintkit is in progress and when it will be ready and published painters will be able to have fun, which is not the same.
I spent ten years working on this aircraft which was my first addon and I didn’t want to see sloppy liveries like green with yellow spots :innocent:. It’s all for me.

1 Like

I get it… It’s one of those things though. Would I like to see bad liveries on something I create? Surely not. But when you release freeware into a community, I think it’s one of those things… you may just need to laugh it off and look the other way. Just say you don’t endorse them, or something along those lines. Like I said, I have no dog in this hunt - I don’t even care about any liveries for ANY aircraft cause I fly from the cockpit only and don’t really get to look at the aircraft’s exterior very much, so I couldn’t care any less what livery it has on it, but… I AM trying to say I think flightsim.to is an excellent way to share your work with the world and your aircraft will most likely receive a lot more love and attention if it’s there versus your website. But… as I said, it’s your thing. :wink: Do YOU.

1 Like

Not to mention it’s super easy to delete liveries you don’t want.

In fact, I’d prefer to see aircraft come in two packages, 1 default livery with the aircraft package if necessary, and another package with all the repaints. It would help manage repaints for everyone.

Where Lagaffe is, there’s gonna be drama you can be sure of that!

2 Likes

Completely derailing this thread to talk about the actual aircraft… :slight_smile:

It’s a fun plane to fly – at least it was in my one flight so far. Easy to control, and faster than I expected. (Must be a Jetta engine…) The one problem I found… without flaps, it’s REALLY hard to slow this thing down. It just wants to go and go and go… I wound up attempting a landing at about 90 knots, which… didn’t go well. Turns out it’s difficult to taxi when the plane is upside-down…

Well worth the price! I look forward to seeing what you do with it as you refine it further…

1 Like

@DaveR44,

I’m not a pilot myself but from what I’ve learned from JC Afflard, the builder, with this plane you have to anticipate and use what the old pilots used to call skidding:

• give a bit of stick in one direction and
  • then counteract with the pedals to go in the other direction.

This method leads the plane to “fly in crab”, is very effective and causes the aircraft to lose speed before straightening out at the last moment and lining up for landing.
This way of breaking the speed was taught during the 50s and 60s in flying clubs. In french, this technic is named “glissade”.
I don’t find an english description of this method but if you use Google transalate on this link LA TECHNIQUE DU VOL you will understand easily.

1 Like

WOW! Such a superb bird, absolutely in love with it!

French-VFR took over the CANSO PBY-5A’s developments a few days ago:

• 3D modifications for the tires,
  • correction of the 3D topology on the aircraft 's front for better mapping,
  • modification of the basic texture of the 712 model,
  • coding of the wheel animations to take into account the new landing effects (rain, snow, etc)
  • adding smoke effects on the engines 's startup (we want to code a “real” startup as for the DC-3 freeware),
  • adding water drop effects (ya tested).

The new 3D models for the engines (June 21) have been incorporated in this new test version.

10 Likes

Looks gorgeous!

Any more recent updates on this aircraft? VERY eagerly awaiting …always loved this plane!

Yes in the good post: Aircrafts from SAGQ : Canadair CL-215T and Canso PBY-5A - #19 by LagaffeVFR5476 . This version is in Beta test.
Currently, I am waiting a correct SDK to go ahead and add others functions.

1 Like

Thanks Lagaffe!

Cannot find version 2.0 HN-433 on frenchvfr site.

This is normal: it has not been delivered yet. And I haven’t set the release date.

On the other hand, the two-seater version, i.e. the HN-700, is currently being finished :ok_hand:

1 Like

Thanks.

Defunct page on flightsim.to says latest released version is v2.0, so that is what I looked for on frenchvfr.

Some information on this version v2.0 of the Menestrel HN-433.

On this project I wanted to realize the exact modeling of an existing aircraft without compromise. This part is reached so I would not add any additional element like an autopilot, a watch or flaps.

On the other hand, during the creation of the Canso, I wanted to add on the PBY a more advanced management of the engines and their wear like what I had done before on the Cessna 150 Tibush on FSX/P3D. All the scripts of this Damage Mod were recovered and modified to take into account the engines of the PBY but, I stumbled on the basic function of writing/reading data in a persistent file.

By programming the water tanks management on the Canso, I was able to learn about the JS language and its possibilities. It is quite possible via this language to solve the point which prevented me from advancing.
Since then, I have recovered a lot of information and I am almost able to read and write persistent data in JS. I still have to see how to make these three parts of code cohabit: the JS part for persistent datas, the XML code of engine management and the graphical UI for interact with this management.

For this version 2.0 of the HN-433, I think I can add a simplistic management of what I managed to do but I still have some work to do on the subject … a little patience before the next information on the progress.

1 Like

I’m hoping that by “recovered” you mean “learned”?, and you didn’t in fact lose a lot of development effort to a disk crash or something? Hope you’re having fun, very impressive work!

I’m sorry, but for some answers I go through DeepL and it gave me a bad translation.
In fact I wanted to say that all the Damage Mod scripts have been adapted to the format required by MSFS.
Now I’m working on the DataStorage in JavaScript.

1 Like

It’s ok, I was just worried you lost some data is all, but I figured it was just a matter of translation.

Good evening,

Since a few weeks, I’ve been working on HTML/JS development in order to port my Damage Mod to MSFS ( a modification of Ismail Güzel package that I have adapted/modificated to my C150 Tibush in 2013 for FSX/P3D) .
The first plane that should benefit from it will be the Menestrel HN-433 and after that the Canso PBY-5A.

The simplest method would have been to model a tablet and to add a $texture in order to associate a “glass cockpit” type gauge.
I preferred to program in HTML/JS to learn a little more, and to be as integrated as possible in the MSFS interface.

The color scheme is based on the basic colors already used by MSFS for the basic panels in the Toolbar menu.
A new icon has been added to the basic interface if the HN-433 is copied to the Community.
This icon allows via 5 HTML menus to show different windows in the interface.

• Management is intended to manage the display of used parts via an image representing the aircraft from above (in progress)
  • Status allows to follow the values of the various local variables which are saved by a javascript
  • Checklist has the function to display the various checklists of the aircraft (in progress)

5 Likes