Menestrel HN-433 and 434

Looks really cool! Downloading now and look forward to trying it out!

Miau !

Surprised you want to publish a paintkit. What changed ? I saw the discusssion in that other forum.

Surprised ? Why … If you had read the whole discussion on AVSim, you could read that I was preparing a paintkit but it was not finished. You should read the lastest answers :wink:

On FlightSim.to I have publish a replica F-PYXE asked by a user of the real plane and I have restricted usage of my files as a lot of people who publish on this site. A lot of conversion or creations are under theses restrictions, so why couldn’t I have done it ? :innocent:

Adding a red layer then putting some opacity on it then fiddling with the registration of a real plane is not what I call making a livery. I spent a lot of time and energy on this plane which was my first addon and I didn’t want it to be mistreated. I made a courteous answer to this repainter and I will send him a red version (without the blue interior structure) if he want.

If people want to make liveries they might as well do it on a clean basis and correctly. aintkit for PBR are’nt easy to make. Finally, I will publish this paintkit but on my site no longer on flightsim.to.

I understand your concerns as a content creator… but at the end of the day if you release a freeware aircraft and a bunch of people go around making liveries for it… good luck containing that if the aircraft is popular. At the end of the day, every aircraft has badly done liveries for it - I just stay away from them in general. It’s your choice to publish (or not) on flightsim.to, but with all due respect, I think you are being a little zealous with controlling who creates liveries for it and how they go about it. :wink: If you’d like to have maximum exposure for your aircraft, flightsim.to is THE way to go, as I am sure you have noticed. I don’t really know why you’d want to limit exposure to your product, but… it’s your prerogative.

Bien sur, now I see. I proapably did not read all postings yet. That makes sense what you say.

Not much of a livery afficionado, tbh. I mostly fly with standard livery for most planes or it has one from our German forum or the VA I fly in. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

@BostonJeremy77,

I am aircraft designer since january 2010 and I have my own site since 2013 which has near 2.000.000 visitors.
The person for whom I made this adaptation and livery could not download it from my site (a configuration problem) and she asked me to put it on flightsim.to site, which I did.
On Flifgtsim.to a lot of designers have made the same choice that me: if you read Permissions section of some addons … why should I be singled out ?
For me others sites as avsim.com or flightsim.com are also very good sites :grinning:

I don’t think you are being singled out, per se. But the only entity that has ever made a big deal out of “unauthorized liveries” on flightsim.to is CaptainSim, and we all know how that turned out. :wink:

I like your aircraft, it was nice to fly. At the end of the day, it’s your choice where you choose to host it.

1 Like

Thanks for comparing me to a publisher like CaptainSim :blush:
That said, the talk is about how I haven’t authorized the liveries, which isn’t quite true. I repeat a paintkit is in progress and when it will be ready and published painters will be able to have fun, which is not the same.
I spent ten years working on this aircraft which was my first addon and I didn’t want to see sloppy liveries like green with yellow spots :innocent:. It’s all for me.

1 Like

I get it… It’s one of those things though. Would I like to see bad liveries on something I create? Surely not. But when you release freeware into a community, I think it’s one of those things… you may just need to laugh it off and look the other way. Just say you don’t endorse them, or something along those lines. Like I said, I have no dog in this hunt - I don’t even care about any liveries for ANY aircraft cause I fly from the cockpit only and don’t really get to look at the aircraft’s exterior very much, so I couldn’t care any less what livery it has on it, but… I AM trying to say I think flightsim.to is an excellent way to share your work with the world and your aircraft will most likely receive a lot more love and attention if it’s there versus your website. But… as I said, it’s your thing. :wink: Do YOU.

1 Like

Not to mention it’s super easy to delete liveries you don’t want.

In fact, I’d prefer to see aircraft come in two packages, 1 default livery with the aircraft package if necessary, and another package with all the repaints. It would help manage repaints for everyone.

Where Lagaffe is, there’s gonna be drama you can be sure of that!

2 Likes

Completely derailing this thread to talk about the actual aircraft… :slight_smile:

It’s a fun plane to fly – at least it was in my one flight so far. Easy to control, and faster than I expected. (Must be a Jetta engine…) The one problem I found… without flaps, it’s REALLY hard to slow this thing down. It just wants to go and go and go… I wound up attempting a landing at about 90 knots, which… didn’t go well. Turns out it’s difficult to taxi when the plane is upside-down…

Well worth the price! I look forward to seeing what you do with it as you refine it further…

1 Like

@DaveR44,

I’m not a pilot myself but from what I’ve learned from JC Afflard, the builder, with this plane you have to anticipate and use what the old pilots used to call skidding:

• give a bit of stick in one direction and
  • then counteract with the pedals to go in the other direction.

This method leads the plane to “fly in crab”, is very effective and causes the aircraft to lose speed before straightening out at the last moment and lining up for landing.
This way of breaking the speed was taught during the 50s and 60s in flying clubs. In french, this technic is named “glissade”.
I don’t find an english description of this method but if you use Google transalate on this link LA TECHNIQUE DU VOL you will understand easily.

1 Like

WOW! Such a superb bird, absolutely in love with it!

French-VFR took over the CANSO PBY-5A’s developments a few days ago:

• 3D modifications for the tires,
  • correction of the 3D topology on the aircraft 's front for better mapping,
  • modification of the basic texture of the 712 model,
  • coding of the wheel animations to take into account the new landing effects (rain, snow, etc)
  • adding smoke effects on the engines 's startup (we want to code a “real” startup as for the DC-3 freeware),
  • adding water drop effects (ya tested).

The new 3D models for the engines (June 21) have been incorporated in this new test version.

10 Likes

Looks gorgeous!

Any more recent updates on this aircraft? VERY eagerly awaiting …always loved this plane!

Yes in the good post: Aircrafts from SAGQ : Canadair CL-215T and Canso PBY-5A - #19 by LagaffeVFR5476 . This version is in Beta test.
Currently, I am waiting a correct SDK to go ahead and add others functions.

1 Like

Thanks Lagaffe!

Cannot find version 2.0 HN-433 on frenchvfr site.