Menus menus menus please!

I realize that this is the newest sim on the market and Microsoft/Asobo wanted to make a splash or a statement with the user interface. And there is much to be impressed about with this simulator.

What I really miss however, and I think would greatly improve the playability and ease of accessing functions is to have those great pull-down menus that earlier Microsoft products and other sims like P3D make such effective use of. EVERY function is available at a simple mouse-click. There’s no need to go through awkward manipulations and a long reload of huge data files just to make a change to some basic settings.

P3D has been my sim of choice for years with its stability, menu driven ease of use and support for multiple screens for the cockpit builder. What I have never liked about P3D is its bizarre and mystifying non-entertainment EULA. At least Microsoft are honest about who the end user is.

As I explore this newest product the stunning graphics quality and immersion of FS2020 may convince me to adopt this as my sim of choice if ease of functionality through menus becomes available.

'nuff said.

Thanks for a marvellous product.

Don Whyte

1 Like

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Add a Classic In-Flight Menu

Hi there,
When this Wishlist topic was created, there was no voting in this category. When voting was introduced, it became necessary for there to be one topic per request, and one request per topic. I have merged your topic into an older topic with more votes on the same request. Our forum software lacks the ability to merge votes, so you may wish to vote for the combined topic. Your post is here: