Metar icon still missing after latest patch or just here?

I noticed the Metar icon is still missing in the menu?

Was it always there? I always find the METAR icon when I press weather from the toolbar.

METAR is not an icon in the toolbar. At least I’ve never seen it there, and it’s not a toggle option in the toolbar settings. You access METAR from the Weather panel.

Although in reality, METAR really should be in the toolbar.

2 Likes

That is a METAR “button” on the toolbar and it is missing an icon. I also can confirm. However, I do believe this is from an addon “Shift-Z” stats.

1 Like

As @Hester40MT confirmed, the icon in the toolbar is missing. This icon / button opens the Metar window (the metar window is working ok here).

1 Like

Well then. I don’t remember ever seeing a METAR button in the toolbar at all. Then again, I don’t use the tool bar much at all.

1 Like

Yep I’m also missing the Icon for the METAR in the Toolbar, the Box is there and when clicking it the METAR window opens up.

1 Like

I hope there will be a menu option to disable this toolbar for those who prefer the shortcuts.

Greetings. I noticed new tab was added to in sim menu toolbar for METAR but I did not add it myself. It just appeared. I do not see an option to disable it. Is there a work around? Thanks

By clicking the gear icon on the right it should allow you to select what you see on the bar.

That what I thought but there is no option to disable METAR, I can only disable Weather but these are two different things. No option to disable METAR.

Maybe it is in the settings somewhere. Have a look under General or assist

It is not there.

uncheck " airport info " on the bar …

If this is in Custom Toolbar then it is not there.

Did you recently add the Shift+Z addon?

I installed it about 3-4 months ago. Did not touch since then.

I found another topic in AVSIM where people are taking about missing icon on toolbar METAR (I had missing icon either). If I click on Weather button that METAR button is in there. Maybe it somehow related to live weather. But still no option to disable it. So not sure if Shift+Z is associated with it.

Uninstall Shift+Z and see if the METAR tab is gone.

Spot on. It did go away. Interesting. For some reason Shift+Z interact with METAR. I will probably talk the developer on this.
Thank you all very much.

1 Like