METAR keeps disrupting the weather/ bugged weather/Cumulus/CB clouds only/no medium to high cloud coverage

if Asobo don’t sort out what’s already there I have no hope nor more will to open new threads!! today I was flying, again being very accepting of what’s there when it looks good, and then I met massive ugly and dark CBs all broken up like lumps one on top of each others, with strange and unnatural formations above them…a total mess!! like many already existing examples in this post!! they are not listening, and moderators don’t want to log our posts as feedback…so there is no point in my opinion…it’s been almost a year since the cursed su7…and we still have so many issues that we didn’t have before!!!

14 Likes

Moderators can not log topics. We can only queue them. Do not blame Moderators. Moderators are not Microsoft nor Asobo employees.

2 Likes

Ok sorry, But communication is a bit poor on both sides (Asobo and moderators) so we can only guess.

3 Likes

I wish we could have an AU1=atmosphere update 1, that i would look forward to the most :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I think they try to cope with this, at last. The sky seems really good to me. Sometimes. The problem with very low density still exists anyway

1 Like

I got the best skies I’ve seen over the UK since SU7 this morning. This was the most enjoyable flight I’ve had since SU7. In fact it was the first proper full flight I’ve done since SU7 and certainly the first that I felt like taking screenshots. It felt varied and realistic. Can we dare to begin to hope things might be on the up?

5 Likes

I have days where I think this too. Then I look back at before SU7 and realise it’s still not even close to what we had before, visuals wise. I think the issue now is we’ve gone from stunning weather to ‘does it look plausible’. The bar has been set so low by Asobo we now consider anything that isn’t an apocalyptic mess to be okay.

10 Likes

Agree. Some specific formations might look ok, but the overall picture is far from pre su7:

Everything looks way too fuzzy, unatural and lacks opacity most times. Formations are too blurry and far detail is non existent compared to previous versions.

5 Likes

Exactly, catch it in the right light at the right angle, and it looks ok. But overall as you say, too burry and fuzzy and mostly just a mess.

The other thing is, it looks the same everywhere. I can see the same overall picture if I’m in the UK, or South of Europe, or USA, or Asia etc, always the same with no variety anymore.

7 Likes

Really I don’t know when they are going to fix the clouds, I don’t see any specific thread related to that tagged as feedback-logged neither bug-logged:
Latest Bug Reports/Weather & Live Weather topics - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Same in the wishlist, the one related to clouds depiction More cloud formations! (for me it should be a Bug not an enhancement) only has 147 votes and doesn’t appear in the top list :frowning:
So I am afraid we need to be patient guys…

4 Likes

I gave up in fact…
And if you guys wanna test how bad the clouds and weather are, trying fling in convective areas, you’ll be greeted by lumps of ashy coloured clouds, some at ground level, some higher…some smaller very lumpy cumulus lashing waterfalls, repeated patterns etc…utter mess at so many levels! I bought another game to keep myself busy, for now I have to wait maybe su 11…I want Asobo and Microsoft to know that I regret buying an XBOX sX. I bought because MFS was so beautiful and was on top of my list of favorite games, plus FABLE…and two year since the release of XBOX sX and MFS is not what it was advertise and what I bought in September 2021 and fable? not even a new trailer or an update…so THANKS…so disappointed!! also because the silence about the weather is quite rude towards us users!!! we helped, and helped…and not a word about what happened to this weather after su7…or what the plans are to bring it up to standards again!!

13 Likes

Yeah!, pretty much that. :sob:

PLEASE Asobo, acknowledge this!

The fuzziness is ridiculous. Before, there were much more realistic AND detailed formations like this:

Similar to the ones in this amazing rl video:

I really miss them so much :disappointed:

10 Likes

my god what a video - I almost forgot (because I don’t want to look at my old screenshots and videos anymore) - that was really pure enjoyment - also the night lighting of the initial versions was so much improved (lights were much more visible in the distance etc.) and the best thing is always the answers “well we haven’t changed anything there” :rofl: :rofl: !

6 Likes

Yeah, the UK weather is interesting at the moment - I just wish everything was as clear as the cumulus, coz the stratus-ish layers look like paint daubs in comparison.

2 Likes

Today was the first time I’ve seen the costal stratus layer that is usually around Oakland area since SU7. This area has been a disaster zone of a mass of towering cumulus cauliflower/volcanic ash since the day SU7 launched. Today, it looked, I hate to admit it, pretty good! Again, can we hope to dare to dream. I dare not try Dublin, that has disappointed every time as well!

4 Likes

Nice clouds !, but unfortunately good clouds depiction are too rare and inconsistant.
Here above france, always same cloud type, or too transparent or like they’ve grouped cumulus together and 1 layer only everywhere, just boring.

3 Likes

I don’t know why sometimes it can look very good for days, to then turn a disaster the next hour…honestly i can’t make sense of the weather at the moment, too volatile and no communication from the developers

10 Likes

Definitively not a priority for the moment. Maybe the most important so far is to have clouds where the world map is showing but no matter if the cloud types does not look realistic or are incorrect and no matter if most of it the time just 1 layer is shown. I guess the majority of the players don’t see the difference and are not complaining. This thread should have been flagged as bug-logged since a long time, it is not even feedback-logged, so what are thinking the devs about what so many people are reporting and showing those screenshots as evidences that something is not working properly ?

6 Likes

That looks quite good but, what about rendering detail at far distance?, that’s one of the things that have been greatly degraded. There was a time when one could gaze at very detailed (sharp) formations really far, far away.

Since the old alpha versions, I remember there was a time when the live weather AND the custom weather were cutting detail in a very clear and small radious at mid distances. It looked horrible. After a few versions, they totally fixed that and both, live weather and custom presets had great clouds detail (sharpness) up to the horizon.

Since SU7, custom presets still look great even up to the horizon BUT, live weather is, again, lacking in far detail.

For me, the pinacle so far, in terms of clouds rendition in live weather, was reached in SU6, where accuracy, variety, quality, realism and excellent ultra far detail were second to none to any other version of the sim to date:

It wasn’t perfect, of course, and the volcanic like clouds were there, as well as the slight lack of opacity sometimes, but overall, it was a million times better than now.

The good news is, it already happened once, and it was fixed. Hope they can fix it again.

5 Likes

I think the weather we have now is less random/dynamic.

For example, after release users asked to get specific cloudtypes into the sim. How is those cloudtypes formed IRL? Can we just get a specific cloudtype? Nope it needs to be formed in right conditions. One specific cloudtype can look in infinite amount of different ways because weather is random. But we as users doesn’t want random/dynamic weather. I’ve seen that comment several times here on the forum. “Meteoblue is just random weather”. Real weather is random but that random weather is formed in different conditions.

When we ask to get a specific cloud type, Asobo tries to show those more often in the sim to make us as users happy. But force a type of cloud into the sim will only make the weather look same everywhere and less dynamic.

Good example of this is those popcornclouds and CB clouds that we got everywhere in su7. Popcornclouds may have been an issue but it’s a good example of a weather system that is not dynamic/random and formed because of the right condition. Same with that static fog layer we have that we get from METAR that looks the same around every single airport that reports low visibility.

6 Likes