MFDs not working in various types after update 1.14.15

The thing is that MFD is dead when starting up from C&D, CJ4 and Ab320, but when done by co-pilot (helping with checklist items) it works fine.

TBM 930 no screens, C208 left screen OK, right screen has only a green circle and is useless,DA62 the same as C208. At least I still have XP11 for instruments. MSFS only for VFR.
Edit: Restart MSFS and I got centre screen in TBM only. Odd.
Next time in TBM 930, no screens at all. Restart flight and it all came back. more oddness. Frustrating. When everything works, the TBM looks to be a nice advanced aircraft ( when it works!)

Most probably a mod conflicting issue

Most probably NOT a mod conflicting issue since ASOBO has identified this as an issue with the sim regardless.

The avionics are working only sometimes either at runway or cold and dark. Has been like this for about a month. any ideas? This seems too happen on most aircraft I have not tried them all.

Try this:

For the latest news on this topic, start the sim with admin priviliges (run as administrator) after renaming/deleting the vcockpits-instruments-folder - that seems to have solved the problem finaly for me - else it was recurring every 2nd session…

Early days yet but I have yet to see this issue since the update to version 1.15.7 and indeed it was mentioned (as fixed) in the list of fixes.

If it has indeed been fixed then I’m more than happy.

1 Like

The hotfix (released yesterday) should also adress and fix this issue:

My MSFS has just developed this issue too. On the Cessna 172 G1000, it seems to want to use the standby battery but the G1000’s only last a few minutes on it. The TBM is also affected but I have not tried other aircraft. I tried the options below (deleting the instruments files) but these did not fix the issue. I am currently attempting a reinstall as a last resort - not very happy.

My Cessna 172 G1000 screens fail after a few moments of flying. Also, my Caravan has a blank centre screen

Same issue for me C172 G1000, MFD starts but is mostly blank. No map or engine gauges. I have the latest updates installed.

May have just fixed my issue. Found a later version (4/242021) of WorkingTitle G1000 on my desktop. Moved it to community folder and deleted the old one. Both G1000 screens seem to be working now.

The C172 does still show STDBY BATTERY. Don’t know why.

Yes, WorkingTitle addons are critical on new releases - so better deacitvate them until they release a new update too. Hopefully this gets better as they get more integration into the base game with the current partnership.

Looks like this has started for me once again after some update last week. It is now 1.25.7.0
Most glass cockpit MFDs are blank. A320 stock model, no go. Buttons dont work either.
Restarting the sim or the flight does not seem to help.
Deleted all the aircraft from my OFFICIAL dir and it is reinstalled all the aircraft on start.
All aircraft reinstalled but some of the displays remain blank!
First pic is CJ4.
But Citation is okay.
Caravan MFD is also messed up! XXXX in place of digits
Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2022.04.15 - 19.07.27.78|690x388

It seems that the Working title CJ4 that I had in my community folder was the culprit. Updated it and now CJ4 has MFD …

Yes - I have cured it as well along with help from other people on a group flight. Seems in my case that a pms50-instrument-gtn750 which was in ‘Community’ folder was disturbing te sim’s MFD displays.
More interesting though is that during troubleshooting I started the sim in “safe mode” so it would not read anything in ‘Community’ folder. Beware! that is clearly not true because it was only when I renamed ‘community’ and later deleted the gtn750 that it was fixed. So not everything is ignored in “safe Mode”. We live and learn!
(That instrument set was provided as freeware for the H135 helicopter).

c172 stock all displays are dark, no addons

tested c172 g1000 same problem all displays dark after 3 minutes.

Yep, that was it. Thanks.

Did you ever find a solution? I have exactly the same issue and I can’t figure it out. I also have NO attitude instrument (artificial horizon) in the 320 and other aircraft

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.