Microsoft / Asobo Servers

I used to think it was a problem with the servers or my ISP but I have solved my Issues now and on two different machines it has been Software/hardware settings on the PC.

Also just recently I had a friend who was trying to download the SU5 update on his 100MBps connection and was only getting about 2 MBit/s.
I tried talking him through some settings changes but it was going to prove quicker for him to bring his PC to me and let me take a look.

My MSFS has been downloading on my 300 Mpbs connection at over 250 Mbps since I adjusted it during the SU5 update.

I connected up my friends PC to my network with a Cat 5E cable and it was downloading at the same 2Mbps he was getting on his connection. My PC was still able to download at 250 + . I tested by deleting a few of the world updates and redownloading them on my pc.

After adjusting a number of settings I got his machine downloading at 250+ on my connection and since he’s taken it back home it’s now downloading at 100 on his 100 connection.

I have posted what I did in a previous thread on this forum

One addition I had to make on his machine was to use the malwarebytes ADWcleaner program to reset the winsock settings first, then followed my settings here…

I’m fairly sure now it’s some weired settings that MSFS doesn’t like on some network cards.

Also had one person who was experiencing slow download speeds on his machine and he didn’t realise he had two ethernet cards on his machine, one built onto the motherboard (a realtek one) and another on a Pci card (D-Link I think), switched over to the Pci card and suddenly he was getting 10 times the speed of the motherboard one.