Microsoft Flight Simulator 4k Screenshots from Trailer

That’s a shame, I feel like it’s a giant missed opportunity by not having procedural gen since these missions do look like a lot of fun, and it’s shame that they are just going to be one and done and we will need to wait for the content to be drip fed to us over the next several years.

Furthermore if you read this description, it doesn’t sound like it would just be 2-3 missions.

Here’s some screenshots comparing MSFS 2024 and 2020.
Near Aspen:

MSFS 2024

MSFS 2020

Ullsfjorden, Norway:

MSFS 2024

MSFS 2020

MSFS 2024

4 Likes

I haven’t found this one yet. Does anyone happen to know where it is?

2 Likes

You’d have to ask the Asobo for those answers…

4k Screenshots

Except that the forum downsizes attached pics to 1920x1080…

Anyone who claims to know what is or isn’t coming is just making things up. It’s best to wait for more information from MS/Asobo. Clearly, according to them this is not the same as old scenarios and single missions, but people have a tendency to just make up thing as they go and deliver them as facts.

The fact is we don’t know the details yet. Let’s wait and see :slight_smile:

1 Like

At first glance it looks like the Sierra Nevadas in California. I thought it was Mt Whitney with all the jagged peaks. Possibly Lone Pine Peak. But with all those green pine trees it may be further north in the hemisphere. Maybe the Sawback Range in Alberta Canada.

1 Like

Thanks for the tips. I also think it’s further north. Canada is possible. I’ve already searched Alberta, but not very thorougly I have to admit. I don’t think its Mt Whitney either. This one is difficult because it might look very different in Bing Maps due to poor DEM and imagery. And there are many places in the world that look similar.

1 Like

have you noticed where you can see the ships that there are no wakes?? do you think they will wear them???

I’m curious about the choice of DC designs for the A10 because graphically all their planes are really bellow the standard for default planes. Are they magically going to improve in graphics and textures or are we going to get a cartoonish cockpit mixed with all the good ones?

Disagree. Looks plenty good imo

What looks very good? The A10 or the other DC planes?

Both do in my view

Fair enough but we haven’t seen the A10 cockpit yet.

I think we did. The trailer showed it and dc designs Facebook page posted images.

I like DC Designs and I’ve always supported their work. Whilst I’d agree their 3D modelling is sometimes the weakest link in what they do they have improved noticeably in recent times. They seem to be going back and improving most of their older stuff to bring it up to standard. Which is much appreciated and something you wouldn’t necessarily expect from a developer.

What I have far more of an issue with as far as the A-10 is concerned is the sim not being allowed to show the one and only thing the plane is famous for. So whats the point in it?

1 Like

Great screen shots. This one has caught my eye. Looks like 3d tessellation on the ground there. If we get that everywhere the environment really will look great up close and far better than the current version.

2 Likes

I’m really happy we are going to get gyros in MSFS 2024. I hope hope hope that the physics and flight model are correct.

1 Like

Tesselation will be present everywhere, but bad/cloudy imagery will still spoil the scenery as a whole. I hope they’ve improved the textures they use for places where imagery is bad. 2020 looks awesome, but the default textures are subpar.

The forest does not look quite right for the area but as has been said at fsexpo it is “near” grenoble and actually look like the tete d’aval de montbrison near briancon.
https://www.camptocamp.org/outings/1574053/fr/tete-d-aval-de-montbrison-la-directochiotte-contreforts-sud-partie-gauche-#swipe-gallery
Not bad and for sure better than msfs2020

1 Like