Microsoft Flight Simulator add-on sales and discounts

I wonder if the device you’re using matters? Or even your country? Every time I went on Orbx (obsessively checking for new releases and sale items… as you do!) it was there, in the top carousel.

I think the main Orbx website is fine. The Orbx Central app, on the other hand, is terrible.

I do think the search and filter options could be more in line with the other big stores, though.

Folks, PacSim rarely have annual Summer Sales so here’s another chance for those of you who haven’t bought products yet. Only at the PacSim Store: https://www.islandsim.com/index.html

4 Likes

Got a defender warning ffs?? What is this??

Hi @MerlinCH65,
Can you provide a screenshot of what you are seeing & provide a bit more information about what you were doing on your PC at the time? - Thanks!

Thanks to your sale, I just bought my first Pacsim airport (KGSP). If it’s nice, I’ll probably grab a couple more…

I have their KSLC which is nice, albeit a tad resource heavy. My only complaint is there hasn’t been an update to it since release or if there has been they haven’t told me. No email notifications. Nothing. Some of the newer gates were not open on release and havent been updated to being available now. Stuff like that. Quality wise very nice, just a tad resource heavy, and disappointing lack of updates.

1 Like

That’s a no go for me. Devs that release something and then don’t fix/update don’t deserve my money specially if it’s been out for too long…

1 Like

Hi
I clicked on the link - then clicked on the “Shop” link to see the items on sale. At this moment windows 11 showed me a defender warning. I immediately closed the site.
Tried to replicate as we speak - did not happen again.
I can’t tell you why - but I am sure it happened in the second I clicked on the shop link.
I normaly never get defender messages - which is why I do see a coincidence.

Best

Thanks for the update, @MerlinCH65,
You could check in:
Windows Settings | Privacy & Security | Windows Security | Protection History
to see if any threats have been reported (logged), or run a quick scan at:
Windows Settings | Privacy & Security | Windows Security | Virus & Threat Protection.

Sale is live for me , Xbox , in UK

There is no MAJOR update at this juncture since the real-world construction is still going on the east side of the new Concourse B East. KSLC is PacSim’s homebase and so we are keeping a close eye on developments there. However, we are also working on minor updates in the background as we see fit. Once a major update at the real-world airport is done, we will also release a major update.

Real-world construction info here:
Phase 3 includes the build out of the Central Tunnel—a direct access point to Concourse B just past security—and additional gates on Concourse B. Phase 3 is scheduled to open on Oct. 22, 2024 . For more information, go to www.slcairport.com.

2 Likes

There is no MAJOR update at this juncture since the real-world construction is still going on the east side of the new Concourse B East. KSLC is PacSim’s homebase and so we are keeping a close eye on developments there. However, we are also working on minor updates in the background as we see fit. Once a major update at the real-world airport is done, we will also release a major update.

Real-world construction info here:
Phase 3 includes the build out of the Central Tunnel—a direct access point to Concourse B just past security—and additional gates on Concourse B. Phase 3 is scheduled to open on Oct. 22, 2024 . For more information, go to www.slcairport.com.

1 Like

Thank you for clarifying. Apologies, I didn’t realise that part wasn’t quite opened yet. We could do with some perf improvements or texture switches though as it’s quite heavy on my system, and I have a reasonable system 5950/3090 (@4k). I love KLSC other than that it’s a really nice rendition. I just hoped it hadn’t been abandoned.

I did a quick scan - all ok. I guess it was either a wrong-positive or it got blocked. Should be ok - thx for checking back :slight_smile:

1 Like

The new aircraft sale was a REALLY good call.

1 Like

I’d been waiting for the Big Radials Goose to go on sale, so I grabbed that. Can’t really go wrong with a “top rated” aircraft sale tbh, they all look pretty good!

2 Likes

It really is a very impressive sale.

The only problem is that out of the 46 aircraft in the sale, I’ve already bought twenty of them in the Marketplace, and most of the others that would interest me I’ve had from third parties (Careful now! Don’t buy any for a second time!)

That just leaves two aircraft that have caught my attention: the Eurofighter Typhoon - which has the smallest discount of any of the aircraft in the sale whose prices I can see - and the Vulcan which, when I do eventually buy it, I’ll happily buy for the very reasonable full price - along with its weapons - from Just Flight.

Anyway, I don’t have time to devote to learning either of them just now. In part because, not realising that the sale didn’t begin until 6 p.m. on the 9th, I’d gone into the Marketplace earlier and saw no sale but did notice that the Blackbox Shorts bundle was there at the new discounted price. So I bought that, and so arguably Microsoft has had some money out of me as a result of the sale.

1 Like

Unfortunately with GSX passengers needing unencrypted planes to be able to function, I’m off marketplace purchases for passenger planes, even if discounted. I had a couple on my wishlist which are in this sale even.

1 Like

I have at ton of bush planes, but definitely grabbing the Freedom Fox complete, just never got around to it before. Anything I don’t already have that’s complex, waiting it out for 2024.

I think this only the 2nd time I’ve ever seen the 182RG on sale, good time to grab that one.

Speaking of firsts, has the PMDG 737 been discounted before? I only came to the sim in Feb last year and it’s certainly never been in a sale since then…

I notice the -600 isn’t on sale but at £30, I guess it’s already priced as low as they’re prepared to go.