Microsoft Flight Simulator Bell 206b3 Times Two!

Microsoft Flight Simulator Bell 206b3We start it, we fly it, we attempt automation. Then I do it again. Have been waiting for this aircraft in Microsoft Flight Simulator for 2 years.
and https://cowansim.com/

5 Likes

I just watched this, it was fantastic!! I have another question for the thread… years ago I worked in TV and had to fly in their helicopter to cover some new live remotes… they had a “Bell Jet Ranger III” if I remember right… maybe without the III, this was about 1978-1981 or so if I remember right. So what model of Bell would that be and is it available in the sim somewhere, third party I would think…but does it have a number like this one is the 206b? I LOVE helicopters I got hooked when I flew for the TV station…well I didnt fly, the pilots did, I was a passenger. Also, as a broadcast engineer, I have had to fly to mountain tops to fix transmitters. One. time with the TV helicopter we had to do an autorotation… it was an elevated helipad about 2 stories tall… we took off, got up about 500-1000 feet and suddenly beep beep beep beep… and he said HANG ON… and BAM we hit the helipad… something about the oil pressure suddenly dropped. Glad we were not up very high!!! he was an ex military pilot, I felt very safe flying with him…this was Channel 10 KOOL-TV in Phoenix :D. Ok sorry for highjacking this thread a bit lol

1 Like

Thanks for watching the video. The 206 b3 was introduced in 1977. Both of the 206’s that just came out are b3’s. Great story about the auto-rotation!

so a B3 is a JetRanger III?

Sorry for the slow reply. Yes. More details here. Bell 206 - Wikipedia

That’s an interesting story! Not many people who were only occasional helicopter passengers have a story like that.

FYI, the Cowan 206 has some TV liveries (current schemes) and an optional camera you can turn on for the external model.

1 Like

After my most recent fight in the C172, I decided to attempt the somewhat daunting task of investigating some of the 20275 error that had accumulated in the Dev Console.

One I picked at random was "Need units for (A:ROTOR CHIP DETECTED:1)

Turned out to be being caused by the 206B3

Maybe
(A:ROTOR CHIP DETECTED:1) should be

(A:ROTOR CHIP DETECTED:1,bool)

Same for the index 2 one

Not to be picking on your 206B (?), just happened to pick that error at random, before knowing who was causing it.

20275 errors are a hard pill to swallow – no wonder MSFS seems “unstable” ?

Maybe the issue lies more with the poor MSFS Dev Console Error reporting , and the typical lack of verbose description as to which file is causing the error.

One should not have to go “text searching” in packages, to find out what plane/file might be the cause of each error !!

So here is one for you … hope it helps a little …