Microsoft Gaming Services prevents me from opening the sim

When I tried to staryt the sim this morning, I was sent to Microsoft Gaming Services to download a link. I tried to install this on my PC as instructed, and I authorized the app to go ahead to install. Then nothing happened and after waiting 5 minutes, I rebooted the PC and tried to start the sit.
Again I was set back to the Microsoft Gaming Services for the same deal.
So I am stuck.
HELP anyone.
Thanks in advance

1 Like

Reinstall gaming services app.

How? I am not a very good at this stuff

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4402187356690-Redirected-to-the-Microsoft-Store-page-for-Gaming-Services-or-Error-0x80073D26-or-Error-0x00000001-when-you-try-to-install-update-or-launch-MSFS

I get this info "
Try reinstalling gaming services using the following steps: Launch powershell as an administrator and enter “get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers” In the same powershell window, enter “start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN”"
and I am not able to “launch powershell as an administrator” because I do not get the choice when I “Right Click” on the bottom left search deal.
Why is this so hard for users who jusrt want to play the game?
hELP???

In windows seacrh bar type
powershell

right click on powershell and select run as administrator

Copy command below and paste into powershell (right click to paste into powershell window)

Remove-Item -Path “HKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices” -Recurse

press enter

Copy command below and paste into powershell (right click to paste into powershell window)

Remove-Item -Path “HKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet” -Recurse

Copy the command below and paste into powershell (right click to paste into powershell window)

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

press enter

//////////////////////////////////////////
Restart PC.
/////////////////////////////////////////

In windows seacrh bar type
powershell

right click on powershell and select run as administrator

Copy the command below and paste into powershell (right click to paste into powershell window)

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

1 Like

I feel for you Kaptajnen, I went through this exact BS after the SU4 update. It was an endless loop. I finally had to do a system restore to the very beginning of time to fix it. I hope you don’t need to do this.

Try logging out of Microsoft store.
Then resetting Gaming service via Start menu> apps and settings> type “gaming” and it should come up in the list, scroll to chose "reset’
Reboot Computer then log back in to Microsoft store and try downloading or starting the game.
If you own the premium deluxe version just choose the basic/standard version first. the rest of your premium content will still be there.
If you do have to do a system restore, copy all your Package dir folders to an external drive. that way if you have to redownload MSFS you won’t have to download all the files again.

Good Luck

1 Like
1 Like

when i did this last month I had to remove the “-allusers” at the end in order for it to work in powershell.

however, doing all this still didn’t fix my original issue though.

After 2 hours I finally got to the “Install Gaming Services” and after doing that it is stuck at “Paused 0.10 KB of 45.44 MB” with the little spinning wheel.
What the F***!
HELP!!!

That’s actually a good sign. means your almost done …Restart download again or restart the computer and download again. it should pick up where it left off. It did this to me too. It did finally download after several attempts.
I may have just walked away for awhile and it didn’t move at all but after a restart or retry (i don’t remember which) it jumped up to 60% like it was actually downloading but not showing ant progress,

I understand, ridiculous isn’t it I spent an entire day jacking with this issue. I was ready to throw the whole thing out the window

It worked.
Now I wonder WHY I am seemingly the only one that has reported this problem after the latest hotfix to SU5?

I don’t think it was the update or the hot fix… for me it was something in the registry that got changed or corrupted while adding or changing setting on the computer. or i installed something that wasn’t compatible. I dont think it was specific to MSFS actually, for me anyway.

“It worked.
Now I wonder WHY I am seemingly the only one that has reported this problem after the latest hotfix to SU5?”

Trust me you are not the only one…I spent 3 days with the same issue, made posts on numerous forums… finally walked away and am deciding if I want to even try 2020 again. This is total BS and I have FSX on another computer just waiting to start engines!

1 Like

Yep me too, tried the approved fix, no joy. Tried uninstalling store, somehow screwed that up, this was release day +2. Tried reset OS, no joy, using the OEM reset USB, reinstalled OEM version and rebuilt Laptop from scratch. Today at 1300 EST USA, finished, tried two flights both from Midway Island, crashed 787 trying to land. Then used Icon and landed twice successfully. Cannot tell much difference. Smoother maybe, but GPU temps are at 88C consistently. That is maybe too hot so have to turn fan speed up to full to keep it cool. Was cooler before, but jerker. Go figure. Going to install FSX and see how that works provided I can get the Honeycomb and VIRPIL JS to work in it. More work fellows, need cooler GPU option. Yeah, ok, can turn off stuff, not sure how game loaded and what defaults, need to check all that stuff. Still bumed out about having to rebuild PC from scratch.

2 Likes

You are right - it is not related to the hotfix.

The sim keeps on crashing for me right after the mandatory update. I noticed the loading time is very slow and when it fully loads to the plane it keeps on crashing. Is this something I can fix or is it something that the update caused and Asobo will fix? I need help please

Update - MSFS still runs hot for me. Tweaked some settings, and have not checked again. More tweaking to do. Have FSX working with VFX Grip (Virpil) and HC-TQ, but throttle 2 does not retard all the way to idle, still investigating. MSFS grip and TC-HQ on project list for starting today. It’s not something I can start and quit on, so got to be psyced for. The FSX stuff took two evenings to fix/configure. Assume 4 engine jet for all configs.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.