Microsoft Will No Longer Allow Me to Purchase From the Store

I have never run into a problem like this before. As with others, I have had multiple in-game purchases fail (4), and in each case, I explained to support what happened, sent pictures of receipts and bank account, and they redeemed it for me manually. Most recently this has happened with the Junkers. In this instance, after not responding for a week, they continue to tell me I must get a refund from Steam instead of from them.

Fair enough. But I was then told there was no way for me to even purchase from their in-game store. Period. I now have to fight with Steam to get my money back, and I’m also not permitted to purchase from the in game marketplace any longer. This wouldn’t be such a big deal if not for Asobo and Carenado planes. I’ve tried all the available fix suggestions across the forums, but I’ve never had a company tell me they would not give me a product they took money for (that I have a receipt for) AND that they would not give me the product I paid for. Sort of at my wits end here and very bummed I can’t experience anything that exists exclusively on the in game marketplace. Any suggestions?

1 Like

Who made that assertion, and could I trouble you for a screenshot?

1 Like

By which I mean, purchases have been failing for me and I was told there was no help for this, although the previous 4 planes were redeemed for me within a fairly timely manner. I was told on the 28th, after the 3rd instance, to contact them if it happened again, and yet this time I was told no help was available and just to contact Steam. I’m working on fighting to get my money back from Steam, but it appears I cannot purchase any Asobo or Carenado planes now.
7th
28th

@Jummivana any feedback for this user?

2 Likes

don’t remember what in store, but for buy in marketplace you have to enable back uac, i don’t use it, this permanently off and any soft use admin rights, for marketplace purchase, msfs must be started not as admin and only that way no problem for get something there, may be for store same

Thanks for the tip! Luckily this was resolved with help of the forum and most importantly, Jummivana!

3 Likes

Thanks Jayne.

2 Likes

This problem was resolved thanks to Jummivana!

Fixed my problem in an instant, can’t thank everyone enough

But DO you have a receipt for the item or just for the “in game credits”???

What exactly did Jummivanal suggest? I do not see Jummivanl’s post…

This could, most likely, help others in the same situation…

2 Likes

It was just for the credits, and the automated process of buying and downloading from the marketplace screwed up and didn’t allocate them for the item I’m guessing. They said the flight credits were “stuck” in my account, and that they gifted me the Junkers and took care of it, thank goodness for Jayne. Still trying to think of a way to avoid this in the future.

It was through DMs as I saw them tell others to send one if this happened to them. I was told the flight credits were “stuck” in my account, and that they gifted me the Junkers and took care of it. As with the previous 3 times, someone just had to step in and do it manually.

Thanks Ophois47! I appreciate the feedback!

No problem, sorry there wasn’t a better fix. We’re lucky to have Jayne.

I have the exact same problem. I have tried contacting Asobbo 3 times about this issue and each to no avail. Also direct contact from Jummivan has been ignored.

“I have the exact same problem. I have tried contacting Asobbo 3 times about this issue and each to no avail. Also direct contact from Jummivan has been ignored.”

@Jummivana

I hope she can help you with the same problems…

1 Like

Me too, Ju-52 is beautiful.

Hello friends! The successful workaround for this problem is to tally up the actual total for your in-game marketplace purchase, then purchase the Steam funds BEFORE purchasing in the game, and only press the “BUY” button in the in-game marketplace, not the “BUY AND DOWNLOAD” button. Hope this helps, worked for me twice. Hopefully the developers fix this at some point.

Because it was the Microsoft store that was the problem, and there is no way around using that for certain planes. This was explained in earlier posts. Reading comprehension will be paramount for enjoyment of the online forum, as it is mainly presented in text form.