Mike Ray and PMDG

https://utem.com/

His book, “747-400 Checkride” is a must-have companion for any serious 747 simmer.
Here is a page from Mike Ray’s incredibly detailed and totally absorbing book on flying an A300 series airplane in FSX. (I’ve not looked at the A320 Neo in MSFS but I’m sure this book would work there too.)

Mike Ray A300

It sets out, perhaps better than anything I’ve read to date on this forum, what flight simming really is and why it’s so different from “gaming”.

I hope Asobo understand this because if they don’t, what they have is a game which lacks much of the requirements of an addictive, action type leader in this genre, and a simulator which falls short of the requirements of that community.

The news today from Robert Randazzo is sad and a real disappointment but was news that I was expecting. This thread says it all.

But in the meantime, MSFS is not totally lost. It provides the most incredible views from the cockpit of my Aerowinx PSX 747-400.

Oh yes, in 34 years of flight simming I don’t think I’ve ever landed in Japan. United 805 and 806 are the closest I’ve come flying between VHHH and KSFO.

1 Like

I’ve used Mike’s publications for the Airbus A3 series, the Boeing 7xx series, and the 747-400. They are all outstanding, well illustrated and intertaining as well as instructional I highly recommend his work for anyone wanting a better understanding of airliner systems flying. It also provides a good understanding of the differences between the Boeing and Airbus systems.

One of the problems will be the MSFS jets not working the way the systems are suppose to work. This has caused me considerable confusion.

I forgot to add, these publications should be required reading for the Asobo staff.