MIL Power on Maverick pack

I am confused on how to get to the MIL power throttle setting? When I manually push the throttle forward it stops at 80%. Using my joystick, wheeling it all the way also stops at 80%. Clearly there is a button or similar I need to push but ■■■■ if I can find it. How do you engage the full 100% (MIL) power setting ?

Look at your keyboard layout within the sim.
Seems like I remember mine saying F2 will give you Full Power when the joystick throttle is already at max. May be different on your setup.

Find the command afterburner in options (keybinds) and bind that to a key to enable the AB. There is another way to bind it to the throttle, search the forums its documented in here somewhere. Also dont forget to set a key for NWS or you wont be able to steer the F/A 18, but dont push that key in anyother plane since it will disable the steering…go figure.

That is the MIL power setting, MIL power is maximum non afterburner thrust, 100% throttle setting is MAX, which is full afterburner.

2 Likes

Your right, then my other answer is go into window device manager and recalibrate your joysticks…

If it wasn’t clear from previous answers, you are getting to MIL (100% dry thrust) at approximately 80% throttle. However, instead of using the throttle to engage AB as in real life, you need to assign a button or press F3.

There are so many topics on this. It’s incredible that Asobo have conspired to make such a mess of it.

Did they actually conspire ? Wow, Really ?

Don’t be so pedantic, it’s a figure of speech.

Oh, we love seeing a word or phrase used in a non-literal sense for rhetorical or vivid effect.

The fact that the afterburner cannot be tied to the axle is really surprisingly - stupid.

By the way, it’s not different with reverse thrust. Even an Axis to Key command doesn’t work because the controller binding always adds the axis to the virtual button. Which of course is deactivated the button again.
Yes, it’s a shame if you only know one gamepad as a dev.