Milviz C310R Official Thread

I notice that the C310R uses more video memory (vram) than other planes I use in the sim. e.g. the JF Arrow III uses around 73-75% of my 8GB of VRAM whereas the C310R uses up to around 93%. While the C152 uses only 54%. I know my setup is basic (ASUS F15 laptop with RTX3060) but I’m surprised the C310R uses so much more than the Arrow, although I guess it is more complex. Not a criticism, just an observation.

It’s probably due to the nav screen graphics mostly. The 152 doesn’t have any GPS.

After that, it has a lot more surfaces than the Arrow or 152, and two engines instead of one, so two props, and then, since everyone complains (stupidly in my opinion) about “ports” (lol), we as forum denizens demand full detail on texture files and increasing the number of surfaces for that “realistic” look, especially in the cockpit, well, there’s a cost…

Actually, tho, it’s likely, if this really concerns you, and you’re on PC, you could look for any 8K and 4K textures, and you could edit them and save them as 2K or 1K and likely greatly reduce at least the texture load without a ton of visual difference. You’ll have to test that yourself. It won’t affect the graphics demand of the nav screens (you can affect this in the options by reducing the refresh rate of instrument screens (I forget what it’s called), but it’ll save some texture size load, which increases x4 when you double the resolution.

That’s why 8K airliner liveries kill me. No need for that for AI aircraft, I’m sure it gobbles up that limited resource quickly.

Thanks for the interesting reply - yes, I’m on PC so will look at your suggestions. My career was in IT so I wonder if there could be some sort of optimisation run against aircraft to reduce the load for low-end systems like mine, which is what you’re suggesting. There are so many users with spectacularly high end systems that I hope low end users don’t get left behind.

1 Like

That’s what all the Graphics Settings are for… They can’t do it automatically, because every system is different and everyone has different needs/desires, etc… They do have a few suggested presets, but that’s as far as you’ll ever see it go.

1 Like

I blame online video reviewers who immediately zoom in on the wheel wells and other obscure parts of an aircraft, that no-one ever looks at, trying to find something to complain about for the increase in texture size of many newer planes.

5 Likes

Eh, I blame all the people who don’t understand the consequences of what they’re asking for…
Who think developers snap their fingers and… it’s done… So simple, right?

1 Like

Any modern GPU can handle texture size. Things that are not seen by the camera are not rendered. This is a non-issue as far as I’m aware. But yeah, I get the idea. Wheel wells are going to be seen so rarely.

What’s a wheel well :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think it’s the opposite of a wheel broken. When you haven’t made a “too heavy” landing yet :wink:

3 Likes

You can be a little bit well or you can be wheel well …

6 Likes

yesterday when i started a flight in the 310 i had to do a mod said the instrument in cockpit. it had you go to PmS50.com and download the GNS750. since that i can’t go a working popout of the 530. The 430 pops out great, but 530 pops out black only and the wrong size. if i change to the 750 it popsout fine and works. When i go back to the 530 now it will pop out, but it pops out the 750 even though the 530 is on the screen. it only does this on the milvis 310r. I have the Mooney and it was as it should when popped out

You didn’t state which 530 you are trying to use. The 310 is not yet compatible with the default WT530, and therefore the Marketplace WT530 must be uninstalled through the content manager and use either the old 530 or the PMS530 available from the github page (not the PMSGTN750). When using the PMSGTN750, which can be used with the WT products I believe, but maybe not in the context of the 310, you do need to install a patch I believe.

Might this be part of the problem?

I only have the WT530 installed. It seemed to work flawlessly the other day. Do you know what does not work?

As noted above, Nav and AP stuff, as @NixonRedgrave noted in this thread I think. When you say you have the WT530, we all have the default WT530 installed. The Marketplace WT530 redirects aircraft that point to the AS530 or whatever the old name was to the new default WT530. Unfortunately, that breaks a lot of systems still, like the G3X and autopilots that need to be rewritten. The plane itself will fly fine, but, as I understand it, mostly flight plan imports and Autopilot actions are broken with the Marketplace WT530. Milviz is in the process of creating an update to support the now default 530, so this issue will eventually go away.

1 Like

Thanks … I will try to test again and document what I have installed

In the flight_model.cfg file

max_number_of_stations =11

station_load.0 =185, -1.0, -1.2, 2.0, “Pilot”, 1
station_load.1 =000, -1.0, 1.2, 2.0, “Front Passenger”, 2
station_load.2 =000, -3.2, -1.2, 1.4, “Middle Passenger Left”, 3
station_load.3 =000, -3.2, 1.2, 1.4, “Middle Passenger Right”, 3
station_load.4 =000, -4.4, -1.2, 1.3, “Rear Passenger Left”, 3
station_load.5 =130, -4.4, 1.2, 1.3, “My Dog Rear Passenger Right”, 3
station_load.6 =000, -3.0, -6.2, 0.0, “Baggage Locker Left”, 6
station_load.7 =000, -3.0, 6.2, 0.0, “Baggage Locker Right”, 6
station_load.8 =100, -5.4, 0.0, 0.9, “Baggage Rear”, 6
station_load.9 =030, 4.0, -0.0, 0.7, “Baggage Front”, 6
station_load.10=000, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, “Oil (internal - do not set)”, 0

1 Like

No just 0 the weight out

station_load.1 =000, -1.0, 1.2, 2.0, “Front Passenger”, 2
|
|----------- the the first parameter (the zero’s in this case) are the weight

2 Likes

Would this change the default state but still allow me to add the copilot after loading the flight?

I believe so but, I have not tried it.

1 Like

Ah, too bad.