Milviz C310R Official Thread

Sorry if I missed it, but have Milviz/Blackbird ever fully disclosed how all the internals of the failure system work?

Individualization is not eliminated by overhauls, right? Wouldn’t make sense, would it?

Can individualization cause e.g. a certain circuit breaker to pop relatively often, even if the actual part is in good shape during inspection?

Asking because someone reports this happening to one particular circuit breaker. Obviously not completely random.

There’s a small section in the manual that tells a bit about it. Page 8-3.

Also carefully read 2-20 on how ownership affects things.

Thank you for getting back to me. Appreciate it!

I read the sections, and have two more questions:

I tried “inspect”, but the button does NOT turn into “repair”. Some major systems are yellow, but does this mean, that currently no minor systems need any repair?
(Downloaded the most current update a few days ago, removed and reinstalled the aircraft as instructed)

Do I understand correctly that an “overhaul” will eliminate the effects of individualization (“restored to a perfect sim plane”, page 2-13)? But “repair” will conserve the individual character?

BTW: I switched to “rental” at some point because it forces me to really check everything. Very neat concept you implemented there! :+1:t2:

1 Like

You have to click the little wrench icon next to what needs repairing in order to fix that item.

For major parts you are right. But the manual mentions minor parts e.g. light bulbs. The “inspect” button is supposed to turn into “repair”.

I haven’t seen that, yet, but then again I’m just starting to get into failure simulation.

You might not see many failures with a rental as they are supposed to be in flying order. With ownership, parts wear over time and it is the owner’s responsibility to inspect and repair. At least that’s how I understand it.

Doesn’t the manual make clear that wear and tear is completely separate from random failures?

If you turn on failures there should be e.g. broken light bulbs form time to time.

Yes, failures due to mismanagement but not entropy. Rental ensures all parts are in working order when you start the flight according to the manual. Yes, something could fail during the flight, but ownership means you could be getting ready to start a flight and find that one of the mags is inop.
Again, that’s how I understand it and will accept if that is not correct.

Is anyone having issues with the in-game interactive checklist with this aircraft?
Just bought this plane from MSFS Marketplace and when I load the plane in the sim I found all items on the checklist will get stuck and won’t recognize my input.
Even if let copilot handles it’ll still hang there.
What’s worse is for some of the items in the list, if you click on FORCE FINISH it’ll actually perform the opposite action from the checklist.
I.e. if the checklist says BAT ON, and you turned it on but the checklist got stuck, pressing AUTO COMPLETE ITEM will actually turn it OFF.

Can someone please help me understand where I got it wrong or if it’s a bug with 310R?

With rental all parts are at least in the yellow. But that means they could be close to a failure. As the manual states the systems tracks about 200 components, only a few being explicitly listed.

I understand the green or yellow bars as progress towards a failure with regard to the “mean time between failure” (MTBF).

In an owned aircraft you can watch the bars go down over time, but in a rental aircraft these are random each time – but never 100%.

I often see oil in the yellow in a rental aircraft. I expect with wear and tear to burn more oil, especially during a long flight. Imagine it is already yellow, but only a bit above the threshold to red. Could I get into red during the flight, and in consequence take damage to the engines? Or does even a lowered amount of oil already result in higher cylinder head temperatures or the likes?

I’m not sure the simulation goes as deep to say low oil is a result of cylinder wear but the developer did say that it is like a “dipstick” so if you are yellow in preflight you may want to fix that before takeoff.

1 Like

The 247D seemed to have a quite complex set of circumstances where oil consumption could increase radically. Unfortunately they never really documented it well so a lot of users misinterpret this feature as a random bug where all their oil just disappears for no apparent reason.

Moral of the story - if you have complicated study level features hidden under the hood then document well, otherwise you will get a lot of complaints about “bugs”.

2 Likes

I meant it the other way around: Can low oil damage the engine? Because low oil isn’t a “failure” in itself, is it?

I consider this a relatively basic connection. (Almost) everyone who owns a car is aware of that. Would be very cool if this was simulated.

Sorry, I’m a bit confused: Who do you refer to? Given your name is BlackbirdSims?

I’m Tech support, not the actual developer/programmer :slight_smile:

The short discussion we had on it was yes, if let the oil run out there will be a consequence.

I’ve yet to put it to the test myself though.

2 Likes

I cannot get the landing lights to turn off. I’ve tried different bindings on my Alpha Yoke and Bravo throttle. I’ve tried removing all bindings and just using the controls in the cockpit. I’ve also tried pulling the fuses. The lights stay on.

I can use the controls in the cockpit to extend or retract the landing lights, but they will always be on - even when set to off.

Any ideas on what I may be missing?

Thanks

Look at the light switch and make sure it’s all the way down (with your mouse)

From the manual:

Landing Light Switch (L:C310_SW_LIGHTS_LANDING, enum) 0=On & Extend, 1=Off, 2=Retract

You need to use all 3 of those if you skip one it will not work right. (IE you are trying to put it to a toggle or pushbutton with just on and off.)

Someone posted how they did it in our forums but I can’t seem to locate the post.

Thanks for clearing that up. :sweat_smile:

Anyhow, great job, it’s definitely complex enough to make me pay attention to every check and correct operation. :+1:t2:

One more question regarding failures: There are 5 phases. Do I understand correctly that only in phase 5 “consequence has been triggered in-sim” (according to the manual), so that I could check the failure readout before a “critical” flight (e.g. Vatsim, difficult procedure for the first time) to avoid unpleasant surprises?

Yeah, I know, that’s kind of cheating :wink:, but you know, only if the stakes are high.

Hi,

Cam anyone help, I’m using spadnext to map various buttons and switches to a honeycomb alpha/bravo and x touch mini

I’ve managed to map most buttons but I am stuck on the the engine quantity switch, I can get the 3 way switch to toggle the fuel quantity between main and aux but I can’t get the switch animation to work

Any help gratefully appreciated

this may help…

Lights On

Lights Off

1 Like