Milviz C310R Official Thread

It automatically installs with the update. At least it did for me. I imagine for beta purposes it might have been a separate thing. :woman_shrugging:

Who knows? Only Devs could test it.

1 Like

Have any Xbox users had success with the wear & tear components carrying over from flight to flight? I burned the brakes down into the red purposely on one landing then when I started the sim again a few hours later they were back in the green when I inspected the aircraft through the tablet.

Fuel, switches, cowl flaps, etc all maintain previous status no problem I just can’t seem to get the cleanliness and wear & tear status carrying over.

Be sure to completely shut down your plane at the end of the flight. Generally cold and dark to cold and dark will save wear IIRC. Especially those master power switches like Alt and Bat. You don’t have to set everything back to what it was.

what do you have set in the tablet? Make sure you’ve checked ‘ownership’. otherwise it’ll be a ‘rental’ with a different state on each startup.

Working on mine. Had a cylinder failure on my last flight and warning light failure. I think you may have to choose ‘owned’ instead of default via tablet.

Thanks for the replies everyone, I do have it set to ‘Owned’ as well as all 4 realism boxes checked. I also have been starting up and shutting from/to a cold and dark state.

Good to hear it is working though, I must have some setting wrong somewhere.

1 Like

I haven’t had any failures yet but the green bars for spark plugs, engines and oil are slowly reducing so it looks like its working on Xbox for me. I have been checking at the end of each session and then at the start of the next session and the values do carry over.

Let us know if you figure it out. Had an owned plane reset itself on me, but in reading the manual I think that’s because I accidentally used that reg number with another livery in MSFS options menu. Gonna “start over” and pay extra close attention to my ownership state saving.

1 Like

I see the same problem on PC regarding cleanliness. I also use an “owned” aircraft with all 4 realism settings checked and always go from could-and-dark to cold-and-dark. I have the cleanliness rate-of-change set to Normal but even after many flights (in the order of 50-100), the dirt level is still “clean”. I haven’t noticed about my wear-and-tear.

1 Like

I’ll do some deliberate testing similar to what you’ve done as I have experienced similar, such as left spark plug is in the yellow, I then shut down and return the next day and it’s now in the green status.

Options have been ticked correctly. From reading the manual it seems like it’s acting as if it’s in a rented state. Only noticed a couple of days ago it was doing this.

I’ve noticed that as well, even though I have flown through some rainstorms.

Same here. Reported on the Blackbird forums but no reaction really

it’s also coupled to livery/tail number, so be sure to use the same one on both for every flight.

I’ve used a customised tail number , so I have always had the same tail plate. I need to do some deliberate testing and take pictures before and after but have had instances where spark plug is in the yellow and then next flight its back to green without fixing it.

What I haven’t done is very specifically done a full shut down or tried this with a new tail number from fresh. I have had individualisation ticked also which I understand puts it in a “used” state ie not perfect state to begin with.

I didn’t pay much attention to begin with, I only noticed at the week end, I only do short flights at a time so degradation has been pretty minimal for now. The easiest thing to test is brakes. I might do a fresh install but I’m not sure if the saved states are wiped and then start afresh

Does state saving include the instrument panel stickers and Einstein bobble-head? I cannot get them to stay from one flight to the next even though I’m using the same plane/livery and have “owned” selected.

Ah ha, I totally forgot about the tail number! I’m going to do a clean install of the aircraft and not use the dynamic tail number and see what happens today.

Individualization means that the state saving is tied specifically to each individual tail number. It doesn’t make it “used” or “rented”, as that’s set by the new/owned/rented option.

I have my plane set to “owned” and it doesn’t save the stickers. I believe that was confirmed as correct behavior by the devs a while back.

The stickers and Easter eggs are not sticky.

The customized reg code versions are wonky and should not be relied upon for state saving. We tried to make this work but there are too many possible combinations. It may work or, sadly, it may not.

3 Likes

At what point should one “fix” the park plugs? I seem to be going through an awful lot of them, LOL. Like every 5 hours or so when I do my checks my spark plugs (more so the starboard engine) are in the yellow, so I replace them.

Didn’t mean it like that , individualisation as per the manual as I understand it means at the outset no two aircraft’s are exactly the same if individualisation is set. I’ve copied the relevant extract below, but thanks for the clarification with regard to the used, rented state etc

“What we mean is that we randomly set the age and condition of the hundreds of components that make up the aircraft. On a certain airplane , the left engine pump might be starting to go bad, one of the gear lights might be close to burning out, or perhaps the right mag on the right engine is a little weak. And so on – the possibilities are almost endless. Each aircraft you choose to individualize will be set up a different way.
We won’t hand you a broken airplane; every system will be operational. But if you are the owner (see above) and you choose to individualize, your first stop should be the maintenance hangar for an inspection. There, you’ll be able to see the condition of the major components visually. (For details on how to do this, consult the “Status” page below.)
Individualization is permanent, so the option is off by default for each airplane. Once you choose it, the individualization happens instantly and can’t be un-done, and likewise a new individualization can’t be done. Clicking the option back off won’t do it. (You can, however, use the Status page to overhaul the entire airplane and turn off “Wear and Tear” (below) and you’ll be restored to a perfect sim plane that won’t change.)”

3 Likes