Milviz PC-6 Porter Livery Edit

Does anyone know how to, or could point me to a specific YouTube tutorial, on how to edit the Zebra Milviz PC-6 livery?

I would like to change the registration number from France to an African registration number (Tanzania, Congo, somewhere in central Africa), and if I can see how to do it, I plan on buying the Milviz PC-6.

And what does “flattened” mean. I saw a comment in another forum where someone said the Zebra art was flattened, and couldn’t be easily edited. Is that true?

Thanks!

And what does “flattened” mean. I saw a comment in another forum where someone said the Zebra art was flattened, and couldn’t be easily edited. Is that true?

High-complexity graphic projects like a livery for an aircraft in MSFS are created using many layers in Photoshop or a similar application.

(Note that the example used at the above link is a pitifully braindead simplification compared to the complexity of an MSFS aircraft livery, actually even compared to the complexity of aircraft textures back when I did some repaints back in the FS2004 era. But I was looking for a site that explained the concept of layering for someone who had literally no concept of what it is.)

The photoshop design files can’t actually be used as in the sim, however. The files are far too large and in the wrong format. To be used in the sim they have to be saved in a different file format which “flattens” them so that all of the information about what elements are on which layer is lost, leaving only a single “flat” “layer” behind. To modify a livery without access to the original layered files used to create it would be tedious and difficult, although you might be able to achieve an acceptable result using a combination of the existing livery and the blank layered paint kit MilViz offers.

1 Like

Thanks for this explanation.

Sounds a bit above my beginner pay grade…lol

I wish Milviz would offer their Zebra PC-6 livery with an African registry. It would be great for bush flights in Africa. As it is now, I checked on the history of F-GLEU and it doesn’t look like it has ever seen Africa. It was previously registered in the U.S. and Borneo, but no African history at all, and I like the liveries I use to somehow be related to the country/region I’m flying in :sunglasses: