Milviz PC-6 Porter starting issue

Hi all:
I’m experiencing an issue when trying to start he engine from cold and dark on the Porter- I’ve gone through teh manual and checklists but still no engine start- this is what I’m doing-

BatteryON
Avionics ON
Fuel Valve- ON
Throttle IDLE
Idle Control- OFF (Moved to idle after Engine Start)
Aux Fuel Pump ON
Engage Starter, wait for RPM
ENgage Ignition
Move Idle Control to IDLE

The turbine spins up and I can hear the igniter sparking, but it just spins and wont start…anyone able to help or see what Im forgeting?

Ok, I found out what i was doing wrong- Need to move IDLE status to IDLE before throwing the ignition switch- makes sense…Now trying to get generator worrking- Im toggling the switch but still getting a GEN Failure warning…

You have to be out of feather for the Gen to work. In fact, operation in feather with gen on is prohibited.

I have a problem AFTER successfully starting the engine… When I want to taxi the plane won’t move.
I have removed everything blocking via the EFB and parkbrake is off…

When I start the plane on the Runway (already running) - then I can move around…

Any idea?

Try moving your propeller lever to fill fine first (full forward)

I tried that - nothing - it won’t budge lol
I did it the same way like AVAngel did on her review - literally step by step - she can move - I shall not…

Sounds like there’s a brake on somewhere.
& not wishing to be facetious, but you have checked outside that chocks aren’t in place? [something that is set/unset in MVAMS I think]
T45

1 Like

haha nono good point - but no - it is all removed - parking brake off

Inside the cockpit check the LHS Prop lever is full fwd.
Viewing from the outside, if you give full engine power, does the tail try to lift towards a nose over, as if the wheels are locked?
TG

You will get a gen failure warning if your starter and ignition are still on. They should be shut off pretty shortly after startup. If you follow the in-game checklist it should put you on the right track.

1 Like

I used this for starting.It may help.Milviz PC-6 Turbo Porter MSFS Cold & Dark startup - YouTube

Thanks all! I seem to have got everything working with your help and input! Appreciate the replies!

1 Like

Please. I need help too.

I can not even start up the PC-6 in MSFS.
When I try to start her up from cold&dark the aircraft has no battery power.
When starting hot from runway, the aircraft shuts down immediately and after shutdown again there is no batttery power available.

Any ideas?

Sounds like maybe a DRM issue. Contact them on their forum, but they are working on a version without DRM

Please go to our support forums for assistance.

To get in, please see page one of the manual.

Starter off at 50% Ng. Gen is only to be used with prop in governing range, with prop in feather gen has to be turned off.

1 Like

I’m having a similar issue where everything is started and running fine. condition lever full forward, prop lever full forward, parking brake off, throttle forward and there is no rpm or torque response from the engine. I can only taxi, but throttling up does nothing.

1 Like

I have the same problem Plane just idles down the runway. The interesting thing is. I have throttle control just after start up. But as soon as I, taxi for a bit. I Don’t get any RPM increase. With throttle full forward.

I have been able to make things work once in a while if I start at the end of the runway ready to take off. But that doesn’t always work either. Mine was an OrbX Central purchase.

1 Like

Only way I have found to avoid it is to start airborne.

1 Like

Support forums please

1 Like