Milviz PC-6 vs. Asobo PC-6

That gotgravel mod is worth keeping eye on I think.

I hope he can do something about that hideous prop disc because he’s already done some really nice work on the flight model and aircraft config files.

1 Like

You just did :wink:

1 Like

and you didn’t understand :rofl:

is too early to compare them, as milviz gone to upgrade to stage 2 with vintage cockpit opportunity to choice and i guess more detailed and clickable cockpit, and may be something else with visualization… and as they wrote, stage 2 will cost more than this one, but who get this one now, will got another that as update, i waited vintage model, but after this info get this one lol

I own the Milviz, and deleted the Asobo PC-6 as I think the Milviz PC-6 is much better. I don’t see any reason to fly the Asobo PC-6 when I have a well done fully developed PC-6 in my hangar as well.

Looking forward to the FSG PC-6. That is going to be a very well done piece of art when that is finished, based on the beta test flights I’m doing now.

2 Likes

And both are absolutely essential in the Porter, the trim indicator so much that there is a reason that it’s placed right in front of the pilots’ face. The porter is reacting extreme on power changes and with it only having an electric trim and the requirement of a correct takeoff trim setting without any visual clues this gauge is extremely important. It’s simply sloppy to leave it out. Or totally careless and clueless.

5 Likes

It is not a “vintage” cockpit but a steam gauge cockpit. The Porter is not in production anymore but you had the choice between both.

The present cockpit is entirely clickable except for the fuses that you in any case never use, at least I don’t, and the emergency fuel control.

The final product 1+2 will cost more but if you buy stage 1 before the release of stage 2, the upgrade is free

1 Like

well, but i said same about stages and coast, what about vintage, ok, now i know steam gauge cockpit is not vintage, or? vintage is not steam?.. steam cannot be vintage? vintage can not be steam?.. eh, that’s not ok, i still don’t know, am i right, or literal reload information has been ruled in this forum? so let’s begin new page in our dialogue… porter is not more created, but you can get it with steam or mfdes, and steam gauges is not vintage, right? so steam version use modern inclinometers altimeters and speedometers? that’s sad i so badly want vintage porter with 3 blades prop as option, but no, there stage 2 about just modern steam gauges with only 4 blades, right? you must be work in milviz company, your post talking about this unambiguously, sorry, excuse me for my insane speculation.
p.s. o my god, i call cost coast, i ruined everything what i touch, now all i wrote lost any sense even after there wasn’t any sense before

1 Like

Sure, everything you say

1 Like

Milviz version. It’s got realism nailed to the T, from cold & dark to shutdown.

The Asobo version doesn’t even load the correct state of “cold and dark”. When you spawn in a parking, the battery/avionics/generator are already turned on. But to be fair, a dev from MSFS team mentioned on discord that it’s a bug to be addressed.

what do you mean?

I’m not sure technically how it works, but if you cut the throttle to idle and slow to below 90kts, the MilViz porter will go into “beta mode” - the prop essentially becomes a giant air brake - and you can descend at a very fast rate without building up excessive airspeed - like you can be dropping at 3000+ FPM and not break 90kts.

1 Like

Uses the drag of the rapidly spinning flat (minimal thrust) propeller disk as an airbrake to do insane decents at 4000+fpm while barely travelling a tick over 90kts.

Apparently the GotGravel mod as improved this aspect in then Asobo model.

The Milviz one uses a invisible spoiler to simulate it. It’s a bit hacky but who cares in the end if the desired effect is there.

As explained above. I will add that it is what makes this aircraft so special.

Used in skydiving business as it allows to increase rotations of the aircraft which sometimes is picking up back on ground the next batch of skydivers before the last one has touched ground and in bush flying to fly high enough in narrow valleys and to descend rapidly to land.

2 Likes

I purchased milviz pc-6 two month ago, and flew the Asobo one for several hours to give it a chance.

Milviz’s one is way more pleasant to fly, one of my favorite airplane for msfs.

Asobo’s one have a lack of ‘‘soul’’ if you like this one, you will fall in love of milviz one

1 Like

I don’t really know what it is. But the Milvitz PC6 seems t be really more alife. I loved it already in P3D. A wonderfull Aircraft. I do a lot of NeoFly missions in Papua Newguinea. What a fun!

This is great, thanks (new prop, new gearbox, new engine!!). I use the GotGravel mod for the Xcub and it’s fantastic. Just hope they bring out the mod for the ski version soon - Winter is here!

1 Like

Mil-Viz’s strength is modeling systems, imo. Though I feel as Mil-Viz products are slightly subpar from an artistic standpoint.

I don’t own the Milviz product because I wait for the FSG one. However in the mean time we got the Asobo version with the got gravel mod for free and this is wetting my appetite for the real one. What a lovely plane for the Alps…

Would like to try that one. Is it only available from the discord? Not from flightsim.to?