Milviz PC6 autopilot

The autopilot does not integrate with the Bravo quadrant.
Is this an issue or by design.
Any answers appreciated

Unfortunately, we’re not able to “fix” things like this because we cannot buy every single piece of hardware out there and, the companies that make the hardware do not, afaik, supply an SDK that allows to set up every single button…

Sorry but no.

1 Like

It’s a SU7 issue. I had it working fine before.

I picked up the Logitech G AP stack (and the radios.) the Logitech AP works perfectly with the Bendix / King KAP-140.

…not only that, but they look pretty ■■■■ cool on top of the Bravo!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback

Just out of curiosity is the trim dial on the Logitech an actual axis control? As opposed to the trim wheel on the bravo that simulates button presses’?

Oh interesting. I just assumed there was a “trim axis.”

To be honest I have only touched the AP side of things when I’m flying something with the Bendix / King AP. I’ve got my AI set to auto-trim so I don’t use the bravo wheel, either.

I will try to remember to test it and report back.

I thought there was as well, I was a little disappointed when I was configuring the Bravo controls. I was really looking forward to fine tuning the trim with an axis wheel as opposed to it just being button presses when you turn the wheel up or down. Oh well should have done some more research. having said that I am enjoying my Alpha/Bravo setup.

I looked in the controls setup - and it’s weird because neither the radio stack or AP are listed. There’s external software that controls them I think.

Yeah there’s just a his thing to tell you it’s working and verify output.

In my experience the problem with using an axis for trim is that it does not play nice with auto pilot. The AP uses elevator trim for pitch control AFAIK, so when you switch off the AP the actual trim differs from the hardware axis. Once you move the axis again, there is a sudden change in trim, which is no fun at all when you are close to the ground …

I was surprised as well, but I think the Bravo trim is a button because it’s endless. I can’t see how you can map a boundless dial as an axis.

I see, so in a real plane with a trim wheel and auto pilot how does it work? Would the trim wheel be motorized or something? So it spins and matches what the auto pilot is currently setting it at?

I have never seen how it works in GA planes, but in Boeings you can see the trim wheel move, driven by the auto pilot.