Mishima-ohashi Bridge

If anyone here is good at scenery building, I’ve discovered yet another missing bridge. Nagasaki Airport is built on an island in Omura Bay. It’s connected to the rest of Kyushu Island by the Mishima-ohashi Bridge. That bridge is completely missing in the sim.

Map link:

I don’t know why this was bumped… I think I posted this before the Japan update, so I really should revisit the area. I’m at work now, so if anyone has an interest in flying to a man-made island airport, go for it!

We installed an automatic topic bumper that bumps old topics so that good ideas where the conversation dwindled can be resurfaced. Manual topic bumping is prohibited, and we are starting to get more serious about enforcing it. So that’s why we have this.
I can’t fly right now, either, but if you happen to check in the sim later and see that this bridge is now there, kindly let me know and I’ll close this out and put it in #bugs-and-issues:resolved-bugs . Thanks!

1 Like

I saw this as I was setting up to start at RJFU, and my sarcastic side instantly thought “Gee, I wonder if they put in the bridge…”

I hit Fly and did a little droning around. Not only is the bridge there, but the airport itself is fully rendered, including the “NAGASAKI” hedges on the south end of the island. But what really caught my eye were the reflective properties of the solar farms on the island. The entire area looks to be easy on the frames and still looks great - kudos to the dev’s!

So feel free to move this to the resolved section with my blessings. I’ll probably be flying around this region a little more this weekend!

1 Like

Yay! Glad to hear it’s there! Moving now…

This item was delivered as part of World Update 1 (1.9.3).