Missing Airports Sent to Zendesk

Thanks for the post. I plugged in the coordinates 19.7267 -155.5245 and see a small 1,000ft dirt strip 3 miles southeast of PHSF. Do you know what that is?

1 Like

I was thinking paa waa waa ranch hi13, but that’s sw and further out. I’m sure there was another ranch field…Hualalai Ranch? At work, shhhhhh, but I’ll edit this if I can remember it.
Great work btw! Effort is appreciated for certain.

2 Likes

Oh yes, sorry. LENA is already included. I may have had a typo when searching it in game. I will remove it from the previous post.

The others are military bases. Mainly helicopter bases, yes, but Pollensa (LEPO) is also the home of the firefighting squadron (seaplanes) for the islands.

Cheers

Ahhhh, yes! I recognize that. I remember (I think) stumbling across that same airstrip several years ago on Google Maps. I’ll have to double-check in the morning to be sure, but I believe that particular strip is within the borders of PTA (Pohakuloa Training Area.)

(Edit) yes, it is within the boundaries of PTA.

Jeez, now I can’t remember if I’ve seen that in real life or not. I live on O’ahu, but when I was in the USMC (early 90’s) we went to PTA. Man, if it wasn’t a live fire area I’m pretty sure we tried to climb all the pu’u (hills, but can be any size) in our CUCVs (mid 80’s Commercial Utility Cargo Vehicle from Chevrolet that the military used).

The (maps which shall not be mentioned as an addon) seem to have a pretty recent and very clear view of it. It looks very well maintained. When I remember seeing it previously it was definitely in derelict condition.

:rofl: All this brainpower and time researching a 1,000’ dirt strip. Hmmm… I bet even though it’s a little short I could get the BN-2 Islander in there. Now of course I must find out!

4 Likes

Thanks, I’ve added LEPO to the list.

Yeah the missing airports list is not completely up to date, I’ll be on the lookout for an updated list. But I’m glad my map could help u out :blush:… Greetings to hawaii from Berlin :+1:

2 Likes

SBJH, Catarina Airport, -23.425279,-47.169995

LPBJ Beja and LEAB Albacete are now missing !!! WU8

2 Likes

Yep, this one is already on the list.

2 Likes

Yep, both of these are already on the list.

3 Likes

Some time ago I submitted a missing airport on Zendesk (https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/requests/120458), currently solved status, but I wasn’t aware that it also needed to be recorded here. So here are the details:
Code: KODX
Name: Evelyn Sharp Field
Lattitude: 41.6233426
Longitude: -98.9517554
Altitude: 2070 ft
Length: 4721 ft concrete

The airport is actually in scenery, and you can land on it if you simply follow the highway from CRAM in Burwell southeast some 11 miles more or less, and it has an active beacon. It is the longest runway in an area some 45 miles in radius, and also is the only one with active fuel service.

1 Like

Good find. This is an odd one. Like you said, it has scenery present and it’s not just a satellite image rendered over the ground. It also appears in the database as KODX but can’t be found in the World Map. Nothing appears here on the World Map.

1 Like

Pyongyang Sunan International Airport ZKPY
report missing 17/35 runway

Screenshot 2022-04-08 005504

Screenshot 2022-04-08 011330

New Ulaanbaatar International Airport (NUBIA)
Chinggis Khaan International Airport (2021)
ICAO ZMCK
IATA UBN
47° 38′ 36″ N,
106° 49′ 8″ O
1.366 m - (4.482 [ft]
11/29 - 3600 m × 45 m Asphalt
Opening 07.2021

Thanks @Lgdeaf . There unfortunately are a number of airports in the sim missing runways. This thread is just for airports completely missing so I’m going to keep this one off the list.

Yep, this one is already on the list.
Missing Airports Sent to Zendesk - Bug Reports / Airports - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

!! New Opening 11.2022 !!
Romania - Brașov-Ghimbav International Airport
ICAO LROV
IATA BRV
Coordinates 45°42′06″N
25°31′12″E
Elevation AMSL 1,740 ft / 530 m
Runway 04/22 - Lenght 2,820 Meter - 9,252 feet Concrete
Feature: Remote-Tower

:copyright: Brașov-Ghimbav International Airport - Wikipedia
:copyright: https://brasovairport.ro
:copyright: https://en.airlinestravel.ro/flights-to-Brasov-International-Airport-will-be-controlled-and-
directed-remotely-through-the-remote-tower.html

LROV is currently in the sim.

oh yes, that’s right, but unfinished.

Sorry, I was mistaken.
Just been there in the sim and seen that he is present as an unfinished airport without terminal, AFCAD and parking.

This was just a hint for later WU’s !!

Interesting for us because my wife’s former home and we fly there very often and are then spared the transfers from LROP or LRSB.

A fortnight ago, I was still 200 metres away from the new terminal, right at the barrier. There is a branch of Airbus (Helicopter ?) in the immediate vicinity.

And yes, I know this is a thread for missing Airports.
THX for that.

Pondering possibilities, is it perhaps related to the similarity between Ohare (KORD) and the city name of Ord? It was originally called Ord Airport until it was named it for the hometown woman who was killed in an accident while ferrying a P-38 fighter from the manufacturer to a military base. See Evelyn Sharp for details about her.

1 Like