Missing Career-Mode/Passengers

I don’t think Asobo really need to be wasting their time with this. It would be better if they concentrated on fixing problems that exist, and implementing features that are either broken or non existent.

Now is not the time to be adding new stuff on top of existing broken things. The community can work on these kinds of things.

4 Likes

See it as a sandbox. You make up your own game on the fly (pun intended).
I do that whenever i fly. I have to transport this to there, and suddenly i get a emergency call and have to pickup a urgent patient at some small airstrip nearby and fly him to a major city…

I mostly fly VFR in moutains as it gives some challenge when you suddenly have to descent between mountains and clouds and also get out again. Just flying up and down in flat areas gets old pretty quickly.

1 Like

That’s a great idea. I would love to see something similar, and I’m sure that’ll come in one way or another.

There’s a ton of stuff to fix as a priority, and I’m sure all will be fine. Just saying that I really enjoy and encourage design suggestions. Can’t wait for implementing helicopters, a Take on Helicopters style mini campaign would be a great thing.

There’s already stuff like that FSEconomy. I think add-ons are the best way to make this, or even just get some D&D dice and graph paper and put different missions on it and roll to pick.

1 Like

While I agree that, long term, it would be great to have a “game,” baked into the sim, in the meantime FSEconomy and, especially the MUCH more full featured OnAir Airline Manger fill that void.

It is subscription based after the one week trial but, if you pay for 2 years up front, it’s like the price of a large coffee - per month.

It’s insane that you have to buy Flight Sim 2020, then buy or use an external service like FSEconomy, OnAir Company, Air Hauler 2, or the like to provide career, progression, and role play features. There is so much potential here, but the lack of a career really drops the ball. Building a stable of aircraft, establishing an FBO, tracking which aircraft you’ve achieved a check out for, qualifying as an airline pilot, transport pilot, flight instructor, getting your complex, taildragger, and multi-engine ratings… There is just so much to explore here for people that would like to simulate their flying and track their ongoing progress as a pilot. This really needs to get done.

1 Like

Voted! I find quite boring to fly without a purpose. I have been using Self Loading Cargo (pre-release) and its the spiritual successor to FsPassengers, already better in many aspects and with a lot of good things comings. Sadly it doesn’t not have a career/economic sim (yet?). MS could easily add an airline/commercial manager mode.

4 Likes

This needs more votes!

I’m fine without in-depth career mode, but at the minimum simple random contract generator with pre-set departure, arrival, and passenger/cargo is a must!

1 Like

Same +1 i hope this will come with xbox

How about introducing a revenue system. First, get your pilot license, pass all the tutorials, and get checked out on each new aircraft. After that, earn your way up the ladder for better jobs. Purchase better planes, earn money for fuel, better equipment(Cockpit systems, engines, interior leather heated seats!) and repairs, PAY FAA FINES-Too many fines gets license suspended or down graded until training is done, win the races to get big bonuses, and if they don’t want to do that they can pay real money to buy upgrades. Trust and believe there are masses that will!
Create random missions for pilots to earn their way up. Cargo missions, VIP passenger missions, Helicopter missions, Bush missions, military missions…the list could go on and on. You could make this an empire! You would get so many more players funding upgrades and bug repairs.
Just my my true scenes worth.
Rivetô¿ô

2 Likes

I agree fully. Sort of like our profiles are competing with each other for a limited set of jobs/qualifications.

So only the ‘best pilots’ get the best positions like IRL.

It should be a feature to choose…apart from the normal features already given.

It can have a scoreboard of most hours/successful flights etc. And be graded on things like damage to aircraft.

Also, I think it should be hardcore mode…if you crash your profile is reset…obviously IRL you pretty much only get one crash…whether you lose your license or your life.

On the note of the profile reset, just log the game so if a player challenges the crash as a bug/glitch then the log will demonstrate that pretty easily.

1 Like

I agree. I kinda expected this to be in MSFS 2020 after all these years since FSX.
I’ve always seen simmers resort to 3rd party tools very quickly to give more “goal” and/or immersion to the sim.
It would be great to see something like FSeconomy/OnAir/FSpassengers included officially, especially with the already implemented multiplayer.

1 Like

At little extreme, don’t you think? For one, they would have to create different crash scenarios. Lets just use what they got so far. Our accounts would provide a place to save our status. Already does somewhat. There could be a ranking, I guess. I would compare to something more like ATD. You can build your own planes. Something we could show off streaming. Oh and if people want to just sim. Create a SIM MODE. Could add the sim time to your account. Got to keep so many hours of flight time, right?

I love this game (my first flight simulator), but I feel it is missing a tool which motivates users to go to different areas and explore the world beyond the detailed airports and common scenic areas. I believe FS2020 should create two separate game modes: one “free flight” mode which is how the game is conducted now (i.e. you can fly to and from anywhere in any plane that came with the game) and one “career” mode in which you have to unlock the numerous areas and airports of the world. This might sound impossible to complete, but I believe it would help keep and reach users who like games functioning under an objective and progression-based system. Here’s how it could look.

• You start out with only one or a handful of airports “discovered”;
  • The purpose of the game mode is to discover the entire world;
  • You discover administrative divisions (cities/states/countries) by flying over them;
  • You discover airports by successfully landing on them;
  • Administrative divisions and airports still show up on the world map, but as question marks or something along those lines until you discover them; and
  • You first have to master smaller planes by successfully completing flights from pre-flight to shutdown before you can upgrade to larger planes.

I understand there are users who don’t care much for this sort of progression-based mechanism, but it would give years of motivation towards user like me who feel the need to earn something other than logged hours. The recommendation above - that is the separation of “career” and “free flight” game modes - would make everyone happy because those who like the game as it is may continue flying as is, while those who need some sort of motivation will have enough work to do for years (probably until the next game comes out). I don’t think what I described above requires a great deal of scripting or research, and the particular recommendations I made aren’t exhaustive. They’re a blue print for how this could work.

3 Likes

Hi, there are already several mods for this,

https://maugiroe.wixsite.com/neofly (free application)

https://www.onair.company/ (not free)

some others but i dont test them

1 Like

I have been using ‘NeoFly’ for a few days now and can recommend it to scratch that itch as it covers most of what you mentioned in the OP.

Give that a try until we get, (which I hope we will), some kind of incorporated /career/ mode in the sim. :slight_smile:

1 Like

they really need economic designer

1 Like

I don’t like any of the career add-ons, they are too complicated and I don’t feel rewarded playing them.

I would like to see a built in career mode. Give us rewards that mean something. A ranking system where you get a free plane or other perks when you achieve a certain rank. It would also be nice if other pilots online can see your rank next to your name. Make me want to login and do a flight from point A to B, my imagination can only go so far. This would also be gladly received by Xbox users in the future.

Please make it happen.

6 Likes

Or at least add more landing challenges and bush trips. Flying gets super boring when the novelty falls off.

1 Like