Missing "Ready to Fly" message in VR since SU13

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

This issue occurs intemittently - it’s impractical to disable add-ons, then have to repeatedly restart the system in the hope of catching the problem.

Brief description of the issue:

On entering a flight in VR, the “Ready to Fly” message is often misplaced or missing.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

It is not reproducible, but about 1 in 4 times I start a flight in VR, the “Ready to Fly” message which I need to click is not present. If I press ESC and restart the flight, it appears correctly. This has only happened recently, presumably due to the Beta. It happens in various aircraft. Even if the message is present, it is often misplaced.
It was reported by myself as a bug in the beta phase of SU13 (receiving 11 votes), but that thread has been closed with the comment “Unable to reproduce in latest build”, which for me is incorrect.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

GTX1080Ti, Xeon(R) CPU E5-2687W 0 @ 3.10GHz, 64Gb RAM, Oculus2

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

During the beta phase of SU13.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Yes - 1st flight after update was a continuation of the Czech bush trip.

No Fly Now button presented in VR, exited VR and also no Fly Now button in 2D - had to restart the leg and use Fly Now from the 2D screen before being able to switch back to VR to continue.

I don’t know if it is connected but when I then attempted to start the next leg after completing the previously mentioned one, my Nav Log display went transparent (it does this quite often) so I attempted my usual close and reopen - the Tab button no longer worked to pull up the toolbar in VR?

No screenshots but set up is 13700K (5.5 to 5.8GHz), 32GB DDR4-4000 in Gear 1, ROG STRIX Z790-A, ROG STRIX RTX4090 OC (2895MHz GPU 24GBPS VRAM), 2x2TB SN850X’s, Quest2/3 via link

3 Likes

I too have that sometimes in VR since SU13, maybe 1 out of ten times, haven’t figured it out yet what the circumstances are when it occurs.

4 Likes

Same here. Something is broken

3 Likes

Hi,

I also experienced this bug last night, there was no reason or way to reproduce it, it just happened. I had to force close the program and reload and then it was fine.

Another example of why a local Crash Log is desperately needed to help track down these issues on our end.
Thanks

1 Like

Happens also to me sometimes (may be 20% of the flights).
If restarting the flight, it is solved (partially) as the top bar menu is then a total mess in VR.

2 Likes

Got that bug yesterday.
Switched to 2D and not button was shown.
Had to restart the flight.

VR

2D

Also just had this happen to me. Yellow box as shown in Bondjpf’s screenshot. Only restarting the flight fixed it. This never happened before SU13.
13700K / 4080 / Reverb G2 / 32GB / Win11

I also have the issue with the “Ready to Fly” button does not appear in VR. It happens about 50% of the time and it does not matter which aircraft I am flying.

2 Likes

Hi,
I see this was bug logged during beta but closed as “unable to reproduce in latest build” which is obviously incorrect.

My I suggest that if you’re unable to reproduce internally then you keep the thread open (moved here) to keep track of all the reports, beta bug threads should never be archived if they’ve not been specifically fixed during the beta phase.
Thanks

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/missing-ready-to-fly-message-in-vr/

3 Likes

I have also experienced this intermittently since updating to SU13. I was not a beta tester. About 25% of the time, the yellow Ready to Fly button is missing from the lower right. The words, however, appear in the upper right in small type and are clickable (no restart required).

This also happened to me once.

I’m seeing this too with about the same frequency as most others report. In addition, I am seeing the white-dot cursor frozen on the screen even though I have the option for that turned off.

“The words, however, appear in the upper right in small type and are clickable”… I have not seen this, but I am going to look out for it the next time it happens.

Here’s an example of what I was referring to (see upper right - it’s a little difficult to read against the light sky):

Happened to me once so far, not using VR.

Same here in VR but the restart option may be a workaround.
Will test later.

Yep. Same here. Has happened a few times with several aircraft. Only option is to restart the sim.

Well done, Asobo, on another excellent round of QA for us VR-only users! Just gets better with every update.

I get this pretty much every flight now. Only workaround is to click it in 2d before switching. It’s annoying.

It’s simply amazing how they break something with every update.

2 Likes

I’m not amazed anymore. It’s business as usual.