[Missions] Flight training missions return with FS Academy - VFR

I’ve just started VFR tonight. Read the first chapter of the manual first and completed the first lesson. Very good so far, really enjoyed the lesson and the manual is really well done, exactly the right amount of information without being too much.

Just on question, I completed the lesson and didn’t fail but I scored 0/0 points on all criteria which seemed a bit harsh! The only rebuke I got was to stick to 20 degrees of turn, I banked a little hard a couple of times.
What do I need to do to score?

1 Like

Hi there,

Scoring is not currently implemented. It was force enbled by SU9, but was not a planned feature for us. A simple score will be awarded (as seen in NAVIGATOR) in an update soon.

This is discussed on the support page: www.fsacademy.co.uk/support-vfr

1 Like

Ah that’s fine, I don’t care about scoring anyway, just want to enhance my knowledge of flying!

1 Like

Check put the Flying Fabio running through FS ACADEMY - VFR on twitch: Twitch

1 Like

Luna’s World has a great video looking at circuit flying with FS ACADEMY - VFR here: FS Academy MORE than a Flight School for MSFS - YouTube

2 Likes

YouTuber Into The Blue has tackled the VFR Skills Test.
Take a look here: FS Academy | Real Airline Pilot Attempts the VFR Skills Test | Microsoft Flight Simulator - YouTube

Hi there,

I’m pleased to announce a week of sales for the FS ACADEMY series in Marketplace and a selection of third-party stores. Get anything from the FS ACADEMY line up for 30% off for this whole week, running August 5-12th.

Find FS ACADEMY under the ACTIVITIES section of the in-game marketplace or from one of our partners:

ORBX: FS Academy - Orbx
SIMMARKET: simMarket: FS Academy
JUSTFLIGHT: Just Flight - FS Academy
FLIGHTSIM: FS Academy - FlightSim.Com Store

Hi, love your lessons. This is my third time through VFR and I just purchased IFR.

I’m wondering is there anyway to lower the volume of the voice over? I play in VR so my headset is right over my ears. The voice over drowns out any engine noise and I need to move my headset away from my ears to make it tolerable. Otherwise if I lower the master volume I don’t get any airplane sounds.

Thanks!
Matt

1 Like

Hi there,

IIRC one of the sound sliders will cover this in the settings menu. Headset simulation also quietens the engine and boosts the voice, so try with this disabled also.

Best,
David
FS ACDEMY

Hi everyone, with gliders on the horizon read here how this virtual pilot got his first taste of updrafts by doing the mountain flying module of FS ACADEMY - VFR:

Have you integrated the G1000NXI which obviously creates bugs on VFR Academy?

Hi,

The NXi is now the official MSFS G1000.
FS ACADEMY - VFR is compatible with this, along with our other packs.

In case anyone was encountering bugs with the Bush Trip missions, apparently there is a fix with a new version 1.4, but it’s not yet live on Marketplace. It’s been several days :confused:

Hi, its actually been uploaded to Marketplace today, so it should be available for you in game

1 Like

Hi everybody,

FS ACADEMY is pleased to be taking part in the Black Friday sale on Marketplace, with a 40% discount.

Find our tutorial packs in Marketplace under the Activities tab. Click here to leaen more about the FS ACADEMY series: www.fsacademy.co.uk

Hello everyone,

Wherever you are and whatever you’re doing, be that with friends and family or flying solo this christmas, I wanted to wish you all a lovely time and best wishes going into the new year.

All the best,
David
FS ACADEMY

4 Likes

I’m having the same issue. I just continue flying west at 60 kts but nothing happens

Hi there,

Please ensure that objectives are displayed, as these will guide you through each action in real time. If problems persist, please get in touch via our support channels here: www.fsacademy.co.uk/support-vfr

I purchased the VFR package from the Aerosoft store but they have yet to update to 1.5. Not sure if it’s related, but I’m not able to trigger an event after the “overshoot” in VFR lesson 2 no matter how carefully I follow the instructions. It’s a bit frustrating.

Hi there,

V1.5 of VFR is not available yet as it is WIP.
Relating to the overshoot, please ensure that objectives are displayed, as this guides you through every step of the way in realtime.

Both of these queries can be found here: www.fsacademy.co.uk/support-vfr