[Missions] Flight training missions return with FS Academy - VFR

Great! I hope for early 2021 in the Marketplace

1 Like

That’s good to hear! Has MS/Asobo at all indicated they would open up the API to third party flight training? I know before this wasn’t in the plans but it looks like (based on the update today) they are slowly expanding this section. It’d be nice to allow it to be properly categorized IMO.

1 Like

Hi,
They’ve been silent on that, but it’ll be updated once available. It didnt seem allowable to be in Flight Training with my experimentation. Reading the SDK for mission development, all it says in that entire section is “TODO”, so we’ve figured this out on our own so far!

Happy holidays!

1 Like

Nice job, ty.

1 Like

Thanks! Happy Holidays

[Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with the author, only a normal customer]

Hi, I just purchased the new VFR Pack. I already have the IFR version for FSX, but I was curious to test the new product for MSFS.
I correctly completed the first mission, based in Liverpool. It is very interesting. Maybe I miss a bit the humor of Rod Machado in the FSX lessons, but here the approach seems more sophisticated.

One side note: I think that the new sim will surely benefit from training/missions with good voice-over. This element adds a lot to the immersion. For example, at present I miss the old missions of FSX, it would be fantastic to have them remade for the new platform.
Merry Christmas.

1 Like

Hi,
Thanks for your kind words. I’m really pleased you are enjoying VFR! Do let me point out that IFR and ‘On Instruments’ is not the same.

IFR was completely made from scratch and is all-new.

Happy Christmas!

Happy Christmas!

Will the VFR package be available at www.pcaviator.com at some point?

1 Like

Hi there,

Yes I will get them on PC Aviator very soon, is this your prefered store?

Yes for some reason I always purchase from there

1 Like

Just picked up this and the IFR pack from FlightSim.com.

I’ve been working through VFR lessons in VR, and I have to say between VR and this it’s been a great Christmas! I love the VFR lessons so far, and in VR I feel like I’m sitting in a real plane with an instructor in the seat next to me. Good stuff!

@choon172: Excellent work! This is just what I was looking for - flight instruction for the sim that feels like the real thing, and does not in any way seem dumbed down. I take it that if there are updates to either of these you will post something here to let us know, and then I’ll just go redownload from FlightSim.com?

1 Like

Hi there, I’m really pleased to hear you’re having a grrat time with VFR. It was a huge project and very satisfying to get good feedback.

Yes all updates will be announced here and on the support page. You just need to redownload to get the latest versions.

I always appreciate the feedback from the community both here and on store reviews, which make s big difference.

Also loving VR!

A great new video from SimHanger is out, reviewing FS Academy - VFR:
“An easy to follow format, it’s like having your own instructor on board…Recommended without hesitation…”

1 Like

Hi there, I just bought your VFR Training program and looking forward to learning the program and developing some pilot skills.

1 Like

Hi Peter,

That’s great to hear. Let us know how you get on. For any tech support please see the support page linked in the manual.

Do you recommend VFR Missions for a flight simulator beginner who hss just completed the 8 training missions MSFS provides?

1 Like

The 8 training missions you did are basic, like very very basic and does a hasty and poor job at explaining those basics. FSX ones were several times better and done by a world-renowned flight instructor Rod Machado. So yes, FS Academy’s VFR (and IFR later) missions are perfect for you at this stage. I’ve been flight-simming since 2005 and will buy FS Academy’s VFR and IFR the moment they are available on the marketplace.

2 Likes

I would, especially if you are interested in approaching your flight sim experience in as realistic/serious a way as possible. The VFR missions are excellent.

2 Likes

Okay I’ll try them. Hopefully the direction is detailed so I will understand everything. I think there are pdf notes that come with the missions as well to prepare you for them. I’ve just gotten used to MSFS tutorial #8 with holding a heading during navigation. It took me a few times to get used to being level and making small adjustments as needed. I was all over the place at first.

2 Likes

I purchased the VFR lessons as well. I noticed that the VFR missions don’t show up in the pilots log or contribute to total flight time. I s this an issue with my install? Other than that I am really enjoying the training.