[Missions] Flight training missions return with FS Academy - VFR

FS Academy are very pleased to have partnered up with Orbx and now the FS Academy range of missions and bush trips are available from Orbx Direct and Central! This will have some great benefits such as self-installation and auto-updates.

Take a look here:

You guys are awesome. How I wish you did that right awayā€¦ ;( I now have all your products, but not on Orbx. Oh well. I can still deal with SimMarket. Great move. All the best to you.

1 Like

Thanks Jeremy! Orbx are a great store and itā€™s really rewarding to see FS Academy up there.
Happy Landings

1 Like

Hi,

today I bought the VFR package, flew the first three missions, and I must say Iā€™m impressed. The missions have a high production value, the audio is great and the enclosed 75-page VFR manual is well made.

Iā€™ve seen countless videos since the game was released, Iā€™ve read a lot of material and, of course, flew a lot, but nothing compares to the feeling of having an instructor next to me on the fly.

After those first few basic missions, I was actually quite surprised by how much new I learned from a practical point of view and, at the same time, how much I donā€™t know yet. For example, in the second mission, I had quite hard times slowing down or accelerating exactly to the required speed, while maintaining the same altitude, which, I guess, should be a basic skill:)

Anyway, I think it was money spent well and Iā€™m looking forward to getting an IFR package one day.

1 Like

Hi,

Thatā€™s great to hear. Thanks for sharing your experiences in the forum. I hope you get a lot out of VFR and IFR would be a natural next step.

Happy landings

Hi all,

Itā€™s good to see us get our own corner of the forums. As you can see weā€™re now in the Third Party Addons section, so you can check here for future updates and news.

Part of the forum guidance is to remember to seek tech advice directly from the developer.
For FS Academy - VFR, please see here: www.fsacademy.co.uk/support-vfr

Hi everyone,
Take a look at this Twitch stream covering FS Academy - VFR Lesson 3 (Circuits)

Hi All!

FS Academy - VFR is now available from the in-game Marketplace!

After purchase, please restart the sim and you can find the lessons in the Activities ā†’ Bush Trips section.
The manual is located within your MSFS Folder under Official/OneStore/fsacademy-vfr.

Support: www.fsacademy.co.uk/support-vfr

The product pages have all now been amended to add the guidance above to make it easier for everyone.

2 Likes

Microsoft have done a great job and have updated all three product pages to show how to find the manual and in-game missions.

I think I probably already know the answer to thisā€¦ :unamused:

I previously purchased both the VFR & IFR packs and was wondering if there is any way to get these to show as Marketplace purchases and be managed via the Marketplace going forward (assuming there are future updates, etc.)?

Hi there,

Iā€™m not aware of a method to do this currently, as each store is its own independent business etc

Just purchased this. Looking forward to trying it out!

1 Like

In the final exam, the go-around practice, you are presumably supposed to approach 22R as if for landing, with full flaps and rather slow, until the instructor tells you to go around, right? Which happens at perhaps 300 ft or so. But how can you then climb steeply enough to reach 1500 ft by the end of the runway? Isnā€™t that what he tells you to do?

Hi there,
We spoke via email but Iā€™ll repeat here for anyone else wondering the same.
There is no requirement to reach 1500ft by the end of the runway. The go-around ā€˜endsā€™ once climbing safely and flap setting reduced.

1 Like

Hi, I just finished the VFR package including the test and really enjoyed it. Thank you for taking the time to develop this. I will proceed to IFR just as soon as I can save up a little!

1 Like

Hi there,
Thatā€™s great to hear, Iā€™m sure youā€™ll get loads out of IFR too.
Happy landings

I have it, I love it! was enjoying the second lesson, was cleared to land butā€¦I would have landed in a field near some windmillsā€¦did I miss something? Did I just overfly the airport? Entirely possible. Let me also add the lessons are much easier to fly for me now that I have the Alpha Yoke and Bravo TQ. Barely have to take my eyes off the monitor.

1 Like

Hi, thatā€™s great to hear.
I did hear of one other user who had their Liverpool airport scenery vanish. It may be that some content has uninstalled itself and needs reinstalling after the UK update. Send a screenshot to support email if possible.

Also, I found my radio stack flickering also, both in and our of missions. I think itā€™s just one of those things currently! (Relates to another post).

Happy landings

Ok, I have to laugh a little bit, because the flickering seems to be goneā€¦Iā€™ll try flying again and capture a screenshot. Again, still loving the software, loving the lessons. Iā€™m probably going to get the others once my wife recovers from me having bought the Bravo, only seems fair. :rofl:

1 Like

Just thought I should update that after the most recent update of MSFS I can see the airport during the 2nd VFR flight.

1 Like