[Missions] Flight training missions return with FS Academy - VFR

Hi, VFR v1.1 should now be live on Marketplace. Update with Content Manager. Thanks for your patience!

1 Like

Hi there, I am wondering if the VFR and The IFR versions will be updated to the Flightsim store, Where I first purchased the 2 programs? Any help is greatly appreciated. TIA

Yes. These are great but I’ll wait for Mr FSAcademy :slight_smile: to okay them before reinstalling (like you, I bought them from FlightSim)

1 Like

Hi, we have given VFR v1.1 to all stores, including FlightSim, so they should be up and running with it now.

VFR and Jetliner updatea are live on Marketplace now also. Let me know if a store lags behind so I can chase them. You should get VFR v11.ZIP.

Happy landings!

1 Like

Hello, with the new Sim Update 5, all the lessons remain in the bush trips menu but can not be “completed”. They always stay at 0%. Also, the ordering is mixed up now, IFR, VFR and Voyager bush trips randomly mix with the default bush trips.

Ideally, 3rd-party bush trips would be grouped in theirown folders, say “FS Academy VFR”. Did you contact Asobo about that?

1 Like

-CROSSPOST FROM IFR FORUM-

Hi there,

Thanks for the post, cross-posts and email.

Jetliner and VFR are both updated to v1.1, which alleviates the menu ordering issue you have encountered. IFR and Voyager will soon be receiving the same treatment. IFR will be later as I am half-way through a much more major update, which adds several features, discussed earlier in the IFR thread. Asobo have changed the logic for how the ordering is performed, so this is the root cause (SU5).

The % completion figures can be disregarded, as they apply to ‘actual’ bushtrips, rather than the tutorials, which are temporarily homed within the bush trips section. This is touched upon in a post on the VFR thread a few days back and on the support page linked below:
www.fsacademy.co.uk/support-vfr

New categories for the tutorials are currently WIP, with good progress being made but some details to figure out before a satisfactory transition can be made.

Thanks for getting in touch, happy landings.

Thank you for your swift reply, both here and via e-mail. The update is much appreciated. Let’s hope MS allows for dedicated categories for 3rd-party training lessons and bush trips going forward. I almost finished VFR and gonna tackle IFR next :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wouldn’t it be easier to just add them to the “flight training” category?

In the case of the “VFR”, “IFR” and “Jetliner” products I guess so. They also have “Voyager”, which adds bush trips. I think they should go in a separate category. Like not in “famous” but something else.
The problem with either product is they count against the global 100% target in that particular folder, yet they can not be completed in the sense of traditional bush tips. In other words, you’ll never get 100% in the bush trips when you have 3rd-party content there.

Similarly, SoFly provides “Landing Challenges Pro”. I also think they should not mix with the default ones.

1 Like

Problem is in Voyager you have to fly for 70 years to get back to the airport.

Unless something’s changed, I don’t think it’s possible to add third-party content to the training section.

Will there be voice overs in different languages in future updates?
And is it possible to move VFR and IFR missions into the flight training section instead of bush flights?
Or at least create a new banner to have it separated from 150 other bush trips.
This would be really nice.

Edit:
Sorry, discovered BeardyBrun’s post too late.

Hi there.

Yes it would! If you take a look on our support page you can read a little more about it, but in summary custom categories in Flight Training are WIP at the moment, but are planned.

There are quite distant trips yes!

I am not planning multi-language voiceover currently, but is possible in future. Nore info on the support pages.

It is, but quite unsatisfactory at the moment as they cant be customised and show custom titles, images etc. WIP

1 Like

Hi all,

It appears that the latest update from Asobo has introduced an issue with the altimeter at the start of missions. The altimeter grossly under-reads at mission launch. Asobo are aware of this and are working on a fix, but in the meantime a rough workaround is to launch the mission, hit pause and then Restart the mission. This should work in the majority of cases.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime. Support page will be updated.

In other news, the update to FS Academy - IFR is going well and introduces many new features and improvements. More on this soon. VFR to be updated next!

Just purchased the VFR version and really liked the first lesson. Looking forward to trying the rest.

Would be nice if it marked as complete (but can write on a bit of paper) and actually like that it doesn’t score you like the lessons.

1 Like

Hi there.

I had purchased your IFR, Voyager and VFR missions as soon as they became available on the JustFlight store.
But, one thing really bothers me and this not your fault per se, but a not well thought out design of MSFS UI.

Re. Voyager.
It stands to reason that they, for all intents and purposes, should be under the ‘Bush Trips’ category because that’s essentially what they are.
However, trying to find your IFR or VFR flights can be quite time consuming and a bit of a headache since there is no proper way to sort them all.

Is there any chance that you could ask MS/Asobo to allow other ‘categories’.
eg. IFR and VFR under their own categories and to expand upon this, putting these two categories under a parent.
ie. ‘FSAcademy’, much in the same way a folder tree works.

If the folder tree is not really possible (why wouldn’t it be) due to the way the UI functions andor how it is designed
 Then at the very least I would love nothing more than to able to click on say, an ‘FSAcademy’ category, which would then take me to another page showing ‘IFR’ and ‘VFR’ cats.

This way, I can very quickly get to choose one of your VFR, or IFR flights within a few clicks.
Right now everything is lumped into a bushtrip cat and finding anything is
 put it this way, the UI design is keeping me away from msfs20 and has been for a long time.

I hope I’ve explained/wrote it in a way that makes sense.

Keep up the good work and looking forward to you guys possibly releasing some more adv. +1hr IFR flights where real life failures etc. come into play midflight.

Really like what FSA brings to msfs :+1: :+1: but their(ms/asobo) UI for me is a killer when it comes to finding missions, any missions. Again, it’s not your fault but maybe you could pass on my feedback to MS/Asobo.

Take care and tyvmia

4 Likes

Hi there,

Thanks for ypur post with kind words.
I agree, and custom categories are WIP at the moment, hopefully before the end of the year.

You can read a little more about it here: www.fsacademy.co.uk/support-vfr

Happy landings!

1 Like