[Missions] FS Academy - IFR instrument flight training missions | FS Academy

FS Academy - IFR

Following in the footsteps of the popular On Instruments mission packs for FSX + P3D, instrument flight training missions return, better than ever, with FS Academy - IFR for Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Totally overhauled and expanded, IFR is a complete study-level package to take your skills to the next level.

Produced by a real airline captain, IFR gives you the knowledge and skills to fly like the professionals to get you home on those dark and rainy nights.

Mirroring a real Instrument Rating course, IFR is an authentic training experience applicable to everything from a Cessna to a 747, covering both analog ‘steam’ gauges and modern glass cockpits.

Use real techniques and Jeppesen charts to fly complex true to life procedures with your instructor guiding you every step of the way through a series of authentic missions covering all you need to know, including:

ILS Approaches

VOR + NDB Approaches

IFR Navigation

Partial Panel IFR

Compass Turns

Holding Patterns

Circling Approaches

Instrument Departures

and much more.

Accompanied by a comprehensive ground school manual, begin with the basics of IFR flight before moving through the course and taking your virtual Instrument Rating check ride.

A crucial skill for any professional pilot, it’s time to up your game with FS Academy - IFR.

www.fsacademy.co.uk

12 Likes

Looking forward to :slight_smile:

1 Like

Best would be having the offer directly in the marketplace. So that all can find it easily

5 Likes

Hi, it’s ready and available right now:

FS Academy - IFR

Instrument flight training missions return, better than ever, with FS Academy - IFR for Microsoft Flight Simulator.

IFR is an all-new, study-level package to take your skills to the next level.

Produced by a real airline captain , IFR gives you the knowledge and skills to fly like the professionals to get you home on those dark and rainy nights.

​Accompanied by a comprehensive ground school , begin with the basics of IFR flight before moving through the course and taking your virtual Instrument Rating check ride.

1 Like

The content of this original post no longer reflects my views and has, therefore, been deleted.

2 Likes

EDIT: This reply was to the above post which user has now kindly removed, where there was a complaint about a competitors software which was mistaken for FS Academy.

Hi Boston,

I am afraid you are mistaken, you are referring to Pilot in Command by FS Approaches, WHICH IS NOT my product
 Please contact FS Approaches for your tech support.

Referring to Voyager, its is not a lie at all regarding the SDK, this was true when written and on release. They are Discovery Flights rather than bushtrips today, which allows choice of aircraft, saving points, weather etc. They will be updated when the SDK says more than ‘todo’ and as a free update.

The manual for Voyager includes detailed descriptions (and some side info) along the way and has been very well received. The routes are planned as I would in reality, including landmarks and ATC entry points.

MSFSaddons: It’s this attention to detail and the quality of the experience that left us with a very good impression, making ‘Voyager’ an easy recommendation" - MSFSAddons.com

If you can PM me your email, I can get a free copy of IFR to you so you can see the true quality and high effort put in. Contact hello@fsacademy.co.uk

Thanks, check you inbox for you free copy of IFR

Personally, I am quite happy with the purchase of the VOYAGER package. A good set of beautiful routes for the money, answering to the question of where to fly next on busy evening.
The fact that missions are not fully integrated into the simulator is clearly mentioned in the product description, so everything is fair. In addition, the developer has promised to adapt the package to the Bushtrip format later.
So probably the IFR is my next purchase from the FS Academy.

1 Like

Please report back how you feel about the product. I was actually looking for a review of it, when I saw your post, as I was intending to buy it.

1 Like

Hey there, I’m a Multi-IFR instructor in Canada so this product isn’t really for me. Just wondering since RNAV isn’t in your ‘included’ list, how does this training program implement GPS use(if at all), since the sim’s current systems are quite limited?

1 Like

Will report back tomorrow. Gonna spend a day playing around with it. Make no mistake, if I decide to keep the product and use it, I WILL purchase it. I appreciate the developer’s goodfaith in encouraging me to evaluate it though. About to start the sim with it installed. Cheers.

3 Likes

Hi Trent,

RNP is not covered at the moment as it is rife with bugs in MSFS at the moment, which would cause it to be counter productive.

This is something I hope to implement once the game is more representative of reality in regards to RNP specifically.

Are the “missions” or trainings so to speak available using A320 and 787 aircraft?

1 Like

IFR starts you off in the C152, progresses to glass cockpit C172 and then DA62.

There are not any jet missions in IFR, but everything you learned can be applied to larger aircraft.

My my

I really do wish all the ADS, Addons and Commercial products would have a forum folder of their own.
To me, General Discussions and Feedback is a place to discuss the MSFS Core product.
It would be so nice if all the add on product discussions and Ads had a separate place to promote their products and leave the general discussions area free for the discussions of the MSFS core programs.
So many times I have clicked on a topic only to find that it was another vendor promoting their wares when I was expecting a discussion of a MSFS core program issue.

If the Vendors had their own discussion folders in the forum we would all have one place to go to discuss or hunt for 3rd party products instead of having their promotions mixed in with our MSFS core program discussions.

4 Likes

Yes I think that would be useful.

Agree on the usefulness of a separate category.

Really quick
 I have done Section 1 of IFR so far and am about half way through the first route on Voyager (The Alps)

I have to say, I owe you a massive apology. I was wrong about the product, hands down. I DO think that it would have been done WAY better as a properly set up Bush Trip (which at this point the simulator allows - there are plenty of custom ones out there), but the route and thought behind it is good. The IFR Product is great so far! Essentially it picks up right from where the Flight School missions of the original tutorial end. It has spoken audio instructions which need to be followed and that is how the lesson proceeds. It seems to track what you are doing via flight data.

The PDF manual is structured nicely (though I haven’t delved deep into it
) But the Lessons reside in the Bush Trip section.

I will talk more later as I progress through the content, but I have to say that was wrong about both of the products in my initial post. They are both deserving of attention and have a good amount of thought and effort put into them. There is no reason for anyone to not get this.

Furthermore, my initial post could have simply been dismissed by the developer as nonsense and disregarded. He took the time to reach out to me and offer IFR, the latest product for free for me to experience it and, hopefully, change my mind. This definitely worked, but my point is that he didn’t have to do it! The fact that he has done that makes him stand out as someone who obviously cares about the experience and tries to put out a quality product.

Well done, Sir, and please accept my humble apology. I am only human and we all make mistakes. I was wrong. I will also purchase IFR to show my support. Cheers.

6 Likes

I have also edited my original post to delete its content - I don’t want my initial impression to stay up and potentially dissuade anyone that may not bother to read the later messages.

3 Likes

Hi, I purchased this product and followed the instructions for installation (dragged the IFR folder into the Community folder). Unfortunately not all IFR missions appear in the Bush Trip section. Missions 1, 2, 3 are missing, even though they are present in the missions folder. Any ideas?

Untitled-4

1 Like

Payware? Thanks no.

1 Like