[Missions] FS Academy - IFR instrument flight training missions

Hi. One form of assistance that is currently missing are on-screen objectives. What can happen is if an instruction, with it’s accompanying subtitle and voiceover, is missed, the sim will wait until the appropriate ‘trigger’ has been met. On-screen objectives are coming soon in updates to VFR and IFR, plus a brand new upcoming mission pack, in the final stages of testing…

1 Like

THAT S RIGHT, delete the mod and it s ok…

1 Like

Thanks for letting everyone know you’ve been enjoying the missions! It means a lot.

Regarding the airliners… Something is on short finals as we speak…

2 Likes

Hey everyone, something new is on the horizon:

2 Likes

Jetliner is OUT NOW on Orbx. Coming soon to Marketplace.

3 Likes

Let me say that I had a privilege of testing this product for David before it was announced, so I didn’t want to say anything about it until he had a chance to announce and release it, and I can tell you, it’s great! In a way, it’s better than IFR and VFR’s current versions, because there is now a clear objective window with steps you need to follow in order for your instructor to recognize progress. I can wholeheartedly recommend this if anyone is contemplating.

3 Likes

Geez, just take my money! :rofl:

1 Like

thanks again for another review

2 Likes

For somebody like me, a RL VFR pilot with 500 hours who hasn’t yet broken out the Bravo commercial handles in five months, this package provides a welcome holding hand to a tubeliner beginner. And the price is way reasonable.

1 Like

Thanks everyone!
Great to hear the feedback on Jetliner. It’s always encouraging to get a good response from the community to spur me on to keep developing! Next jobs are to update VFR and IFR to add the new features of on-screen objectives, opening and ending cameras, toolbars etc. Also there are TWO upcoming packages, developed by FS Academy on behalf of other studios. More to come on those in time!

Is it ok that I quoted your post on the website?
I think it was a nice summarising sentence!

Sure. Have at it!

1 Like

Glad to hear, I think what’s really missing is a RNAV as they are way more now than when the addon came out for FSX :slight_smile:

I will keep an eye on the development and see when is up to date I will happily repurchase it, it was good fun back then!

1 Like

An On Instruments veteran! I did consider including RNAV in IFR, but the implementation within MSFS was too unreliable. Bear in mind that IFR is all-new and not a ‘ported’ On Instruments from FSX/P3D.

Good to see you in the forums

I’m prettty sure I saw, but is the objective window coming to VFR as well? I’d really like that.

1 Like

It will! It’s a surprisingly involved process to add them, but that is certainly the intention, amongst other improvements.

1 Like

Yes I do sceneries for a publisher and if on your side the SDK is as bad I can only imagine… :smiley: however I see the default tutorial (looked it yesterday out of curiosity) has marker in the sky and arrows pointing at it, however my best guess is that they did not bother to add that to the SDK either?

1 Like

Take a look at the mission section in the SDK and you’ll get an idea :stuck_out_tongue:
Expecting a Marketplace release some time today!

Soon coming to our partner stores:
-SimMarket
-Flightsim .com
-Aerosoft
-JustFlight

1 Like

Hi All, MS have reported they had staffing issues, so we can expect Jetliner on marketplace on the 3rd June. Other stores from the 1st.

Sorry for the delay, Happy landings!

Jetliner Marketplace update: At the last minute, MS have again delayed the marketplace release of Jetliner, this time for ‘localisation pipeline delays’.

Jetliner is available right now in a range of other stores:
Orbx
SimMarket
Aerosoft
FlightSim

We’ll let you know once Jetliner makes its way onto Marketplace.