[Missions] FS Academy - IFR instrument flight training missions

It will! It’s a surprisingly involved process to add them, but that is certainly the intention, amongst other improvements.

1 Like

Yes I do sceneries for a publisher and if on your side the SDK is as bad I can only imagine… :smiley: however I see the default tutorial (looked it yesterday out of curiosity) has marker in the sky and arrows pointing at it, however my best guess is that they did not bother to add that to the SDK either?

1 Like

Take a look at the mission section in the SDK and you’ll get an idea :stuck_out_tongue:
Expecting a Marketplace release some time today!

Soon coming to our partner stores:
-SimMarket
-Flightsim .com
-Aerosoft
-JustFlight

1 Like

Hi All, MS have reported they had staffing issues, so we can expect Jetliner on marketplace on the 3rd June. Other stores from the 1st.

Sorry for the delay, Happy landings!

Jetliner Marketplace update: At the last minute, MS have again delayed the marketplace release of Jetliner, this time for ‘localisation pipeline delays’.

Jetliner is available right now in a range of other stores:
Orbx
SimMarket
Aerosoft
FlightSim

We’ll let you know once Jetliner makes its way onto Marketplace.

Hi all,

Jetliner is out now on Marketplace!

Find the missions under Activities - Bush Trips after restarting the sim.

Get the manual here: www.fsacademy.co.uk/jetliner

Support: www.fsacademy.co.uk/support-jetliner

Happy landings!

1 Like

Hello, I’m a big fan of your VFR & IFR tutorials and play them solely in VR. You may know nowadays there are some knee board apps conveniently supporting in game map/chart view and those are essential for VR users. Regarding this I wish you to modify your products to allow people to access to those viewers by adding a icon at the in-flight drop-down menu bar. I found the menu icon is already available in many existing bush trip scenarios and believe yours also could adopt it and get much better in the incoming era of VR. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi there,
Thanks for getting in touch, I will investigate and add this feature if it is something that is possible with the current limited scope of the SDK. Usually I can’t provide support/compatibility for other mods, if it is an easy inclusion then I will consider this for upcoming updates.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Although this is made in the UK, does the information pertain to US FAA rules? As a new IFR student, I just want to make sure the training is not counter-productive.

1 Like

Hi,

Differences between UK, ICAO and FAA are mostly only slight variations. Nothing in IFR will be counter-productive as you are learning the skills of instrument flight, rather than the country specific details.

The major thing which changes internationally are the weather condititions which cause IMC to commence, but once they have, things are overall very similar.

Hi guys, I have found the problem with the ending to IFR10.
The position of the ending trigger had a minus (-) missing from it’s Longitude, putting it in the wrong place.
This will be fixed in the upcoming updates. In the meantime, consider IFR10 complete once leaving the SHM NDB.

Thanks for the continuing follow-up. Great product.

1 Like

Cross-posting here to raise awareness (same for Voyager, IFR, VFR and Jetliner): With the new Sim Update 5, all the lessons remain in the bush trips menu but can not be “completed”. They always stay at 0%. Also, the ordering is mixed up now, IFR, VFR and Voyager bush trips randomly mix with the default bush trips.

Hi there,

Thanks for the post, cross-posts and email.

Jetliner and VFR are both updated to v1.1, which alleviates the menu ordering issue you have encountered. IFR and Voyager will soon be receiving the same treatment. IFR will be later as I am half-way through a much more major update, which adds several features, discussed earlier in the IFR thread. Asobo have changed the logic for how the ordering is performed, so this is the root cause (SU5).

The % completion figures can be disregarded, as they apply to ‘actual’ bushtrips, rather than the tutorials, which are temporarily homed within the bush trips section. This is touched upon in a post on the VFR thread a few days back and on the support page linked below:
www.fsacademy.co.uk/support-vfr

New categories for the tutorials are currently WIP, with good progress being made but some details to figure out before a satisfactory transition can be made.

Thanks for getting in touch, happy landings.

2 Likes

hello, I must admit to having been quite disappointed by the vfr academy. we do not learn by the construction of a navigation on map, the reading of maps, the path, the esteem, the final tests are guided journeys, not vfr navigations. it is not an academy but a nursery school.
I wanted to buy the chapter on ifr but if it’s also basic…

1 Like

Hi there,

Thanks for your post. FS Academy VFR teaches you the major elements of VFR flight, such as entry/exit procedures, circuit joining and flying, aircraft handling, night flight, plus VFR navigation.

Whilst map reading is an element of VFR, and maps are provided within the manual, map reading methods were outside the scope of the mission pack, as it is mostly self-explanatory and universal to non-flying activities also.

I’m not sure what you mean by ‘the path’ and ‘esteem’ however.

The final checkride combines the skills you have learned so far into one flight, with tighter margins. You depart, fly a circuit to a go-around, navigate to another airfield and perform an overhead join, followed by a full stop, short field grass landing.

Happy landings

the vfr is more than that… visual flight rules mean that we are discussing many more of these rules. do its navigation, find its landmarks, estimate the weather, the consumption, the wind drift, the magnetic drift, manage the airspaces, the vores, the adf, none of that is there. it is therefore not an academy, but a school for ultra beginners.

Hi,

VOR and NDB use are the Realm of IFR, as covered here in FS Academy - IFR.

Regarding landmarks etc there are three trips included in VFR which use a VFR map, airfield charts and a navlog, which requires you to navigate visually and stay on course by VRPs.

Weather and airspace types are discussed in the manual and the Local Flight mission and others. Please ensure that you have access to the manual: www.fsacademy.co.uk/vfr

I read your vfr manual whose content is poor, we have the gps for your navigations or the msfs map, which is far too easy. that’s not vfr navigation. aid for radionavigation is part of the vfr curriculum. What does rules mean to you? the ifr should teach us how to use navigation routes, approaches, sid, star, etc… In view of your answers, I think that your products do not provide what it is necessary to master in a realistic vfr or ifr flight. maybe your products will suit xbox players.

Hi there,

IFR navigation is the topic of an Instrument Rating, not visual flight.

Whilst your posts do not reflect the majority of my users, I appreciate your feedback regardless.

For those interested in seeing the VFR manual yourselves, you can pick it up for free here: www.fsacademy.co.uk/vfr

Happy landings!