[Missions] FS ACADEMY - NAVIGATOR | FS Academy

Absolutely. This is outside of my IRL experience however so I would again need to get outside help, so this may take a while, but is a great idea for the future.

YouTuber Tom Scott has flown down the Class B exclusion zone, as seen in NAVIGATOR’s “Skyline” mission.
Take a look here: Flying here is (surprisingly) legal - YouTube

Hi there ,

I’m pleased to announce a week of sales for the FS ACADEMY series in Marketplace and a selection of third-party stores. Get anything from the FS ACADEMY line up for 30% off for this whole week, running August 5-12th.

Find FS ACADEMY under the ACTIVITIES section of the in-game marketplace or from one of our partners:

ORBX: FS Academy - Orbx
SIMMARKET: simMarket: FS Academy
JUSTFLIGHT: Just Flight - FS Academy
FLIGHTSIM: FS Academy - FlightSim.Com Store

Hi guys ,

FS ACADEMY is pleased to be taking part in the Black Friday sale on Marketplace, with a 40% discount.

Find our tutorial packs in Marketplace under the Activities tab. Click here to leaen more about the FS ACADEMY series: www.fsacademy.co.uk

1 Like

Enjoying the learnings and presentation, both in-flight and from the manual. This is my second pack after doing the VFR.

Any insight on why the navlog window cannot be opened in lesson 3? And how it can be opened? Because we are specifically asked to use a time keeping device. As I’m in VR, I would have to rely on something on-screen, and I expected to be able to the navlog timer.

Any way to turn off the onscreen waypoint markers?

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Your instructor will help you with timings inflight.
Whilst markers are enabled by default when in a tutorial flight in MSFS, for support issues please see our support page, which allows you to get in touch: www.fsacademy.co.uk/support-navigator

Hi Navigators,

Wherever you are and whatever you’re doing, be that with friends and family or flying solo this christmas, I wanted to wish you all a lovely time and best wishes going into the new year.

All the best,
David
FS ACADEMY

1 Like

The weather on Highlands trip after T/O from Glasgow is tuff now that has had thermal’s added to the sim. Was almost flipped 90’ few times, and hard to keep it from climbing at 1000+ FPM all the time.

Hi there,

We are working on addressing this at the moment with new weather files. We write about this here: www.fsacademy.co.uk/support-navigator

1 Like

Ok. No problems.

Hi there,

Investigations are ongoing regarding the newly introduced wind gusts and turbulence after SU11.
It seems that the simulation is not closely aligned with reality, where any combination of wind and terrain causes significant handling difficulties, even from considerable distance. Some lessons require the use of wind as it is crucial to the subject matter, so cannot be reduced in all cases.

We’re looking to reduce this effect where possible, but it is a core component of MSFS and so ultimately out of our control. Further updates will be posted here: www.fsacademy.co.uk/support-navigator

1 Like

Hi everyone,

A small update to v1.1 has been submitted to marketplace and will be available soon. It enables weather adjustments for the Highlander Bush Trip, to allow you to dial out excess turbulence and set conditions as you wish. Also the loading tips have been slightly revised.

Hi there,

The Beta for MSFS now includes an assistance setting that can adjust the intensity of turbulence.
This will be coming to the next update of Flight Simulator and can be found here:
OPTIONS - ASSISTANCE OPTIONS - PILOTING - TURBULENCE

If you are seeing excessive turbulence in ‘Realistic’ then turn it down to ‘Low’ for a smoother experience.
This has been added to the support page here: www.fsacademy.co.uk/support-navigator

Hi. Found small bug: “Lesson 12. Highlander” wrongly placed in categrory “bushtrips” instead of “navigator” in custom activities.

Hi there,

This isn’t a bug. Navigator 12 is a bush trip through Scotland, with navlog and charts provided.

For more please see the free groundschool manual available here: www.fsacademy.co.uk/navigator

1 Like

This looks like Annecy, am I correct ?

1 Like

That’s correct! You fly through the mountains, starting at Annecy

1 Like

This was an easy one for me. My base airport is LFLI, very close to LFLP !

Thanks for answering !

1 Like

I am going to try Navigator. Thx

1 Like

Awesome, thanks very much for your support.