Missions like FSX

Actually I downloaded one yesterday , Not a mission. Just a trip . It consisted of 5 legs .about an hour or so total to do all 5 legs . I started and just continued doing the legs . I completed the trip .no problem .
Only thing I found was I could use the AP and the Nav to follow the waypoints for the 1st leg only . I tried hitting the Nav after leaving the 2nd airport . Plane just wanted to keep circling . Oh well

That missioneditor just lets you follow waypoints. Difficult Weather conditions are not a challenge as you can just change it however, whenever you want . Loaded cargo is free will too… ( not like those old cargo missions where you have to land with a DC 3 on a short runway full loaded , for example) .
" TIme" to accomplish a mission isn t a challenge either , or " do not fly higher than… ( for whatever reason…) isn`t a possible challenge . " Fly to Denali Camp" or something like this was areal challenge . You had to fly with a full loaded plane in high altitudes , searching airfields and loading people in terrible bad weather . Where are those Missions ???

1 Like

I think that the “Denali Base Camp Charter” mission is totally possible to make in MSFS2020, with the exception of one thing. The player dialogue choice box. The original FSX mission would prompt the player to make a radio call to base several times during that mission, and as far as I know there is not a way to do this yet in MSFS.

The other trouble is finding the right aircraft for it. The mission is done in a Maule M7 with a powerful 260 horsepower engine. We don’t have any STOL taildraggers with those kinds of specifications in the game right now, unfortunately.

However both of these things are likely to change as the game is developed further so don’t lose hope just yet.

2 Likes

Okay, but the main problem will probably be :
THE WEATHER
Do i have to preset the “bad Weather” , Temperature, Clouds height, Snow… or is this exactly that what i just CAN`T easily change.? I am forced to fly in a changing , preseted weather “bad weather” and thats exactly how it should be ! ( In real life if you start a flight , you cant just change the weather if you get in trouble with it) . Just to fly some waypoints is easy to do with the Bush missioneditor… or just find the waypoints in the planner in FS2020 and fly around.

I want (“preseted”) Missions (and i would PAY for it !) that are :
1.- You HAVE to fly with this plane !
2. - You HAVE to fly with this WEATHER ( even Changing!!!)
3.- You HAVE to carry this Passengers (Weight/cargo up to limit)
4. - You HAVE to fly at this Daytime (its getting late…)

And now FLY !
Thats the CHALLENGE !
No “Cheats” possible ( you cant just change it or at least you wont get the rewards…)

Thats all
P.s. Right away I PAY 20 Euro to “the One” who offers me this !

and just by the way …thats what many young people (but not only) like my sons want !
…and not only a " Landing Challenge" in a certain airport…+#+##?+#!?+#+### (camon…!)

hy guys , in these moment whats is the best way for have mission in fs2020 ??

someone try rolling cumulus addons ??? i love these sim but i want somethink to do.

tnx

There are a some freeware missions availabe for msfs:

As well as payware:

PS: If you want to make your own missions, you can use BushMissionGen, BushTripInjector, or you can look at my Guide on Mission Creation for MSFS.

i tried and paid for some of those…
you get a map to print . You get some waypoints to put on your planner in FS2020. You choose your plane and your weather, when you arrive you see 2-3 programmed houses… ??’’+#’*’#
cammon???
They wherer absolute different in the past… (much,much better and not just some nice pictures to print out…)

Thanks,
i will try them and give it a chance… :wink:

If anyone is interested, I just released a port of the FSX mission Whiteout. I’d really appreciate it if you went and gave it a try! FSX Mission - Whiteout (Bush Trip) » Microsoft Flight Simulator

3 Likes

Neofly pretty much covers all that except for scripted events, they do have storyline missions now with voiceovers and everything but yeah, far cry from FSX.

Yes. We have to up vote this idea somehow

2 Likes

Yessssss that would be perfect!

3 Likes

Heck you could have just a mission pack make a payware bundle of the same fictional homestead and do some interesting story lines with the aircraft with all the default bush style aircraft

2 Likes

Happy to see this thread finally made it onto the feedback snapshots

3 Likes

I looked over the last feedback a few times - I couldn’t find it anywhere.

Wish #71 in the very last slide.

1 Like

Loved the UFO mission with the 737 and the Napoli flight with the A321

i’m looking for where to flight simulator 2020 40th anniversary edition and on video they talk about bringing back some mission from previses flight simulator games.
Question for flight simulator team if there time would it be possible to bring back the flight simulator X area 51 mission. i enjoy that mission, it was fun.

2 Likes

I actually did the voice for the Area 51 controller on that mission. So if they revive the old missions, I’m hoping the keep the old voices too. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Man I’m hoping for a FSX missions “remastered” pack of some sorts, all the FSX missions ported over to MSFS, that would be nice.

4 Likes