Mixed textures in ground at default airport DX12 Beta

It did eventually come back :unamused:
I also tried EBBR and it was hard… had to fly around with the drone for like five minutes, but suddenly I got some tiles on a taxi way. Not as severe as other airports, where almost all of the ground textures change. Did disappear after some more drone flying and took a few more minutes for it to come back again and at the same place.

It’s quite ridiculous how this hasn’t been addressed. Yet looking at the latest version release notes, plenty of new features continue to be added.

3 Likes

I can’t believe this is still a thing. What is different about DX12 that this keeps happening?

Surely this has to be amongst the higher priority fixes?

2 Likes

Is there any update on this given it was being investigated back in October?

I/we’d be grateful for an update.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

problème de texture sur l’aéroport de Lille les textures sont complètement déformées sur les taxis

Is this fixed in SU12 Beta ?

There is nothing in the SU12 Beta release notes posted to this very same forum to suggest that it is, unfortunately.

1 Like

Do you have the same issue?:

yes

Are you using DX12?:

yes

Are you using AMD GPU?

yes

Are you using NVIDIA GPU?

no

Default and payware airports

It’s only so when you use DX12, in DX11 is works but some airports show flat planes ontop textures and is a SU12 Beta issue only Bing ground textures show planes and runway number under / ontop BBD payware airfields

No it isn’t, it’s been an issue since the day DX12 appeared in the sim. It’s nothing to do with SU12.

I want to add, I’ve noticed that this issue is quite common to appear when switching to external view.
If I stay in the cockpit only, it rarely happens.

That is true, I observed this as well. And there are addon airports where it almost never occurs. Would be interesting to know what those devs did do different compared to others and default

1 Like

Unbelievable this is still not fixed

1 Like

It is exacerbated by external view. In fact, one way to temporarily fix this is to fly the drone camera decently far away and then turn around and point it back at the aircraft. You can notice pockets of the satellite textures disappearing when you do this. I’ve found it can temporarily “re-paint” the scenery’s proper textures if you do this.

When it happens, with devmode go to options(or debug)>terrain, disable “draw on terrain” and re-enable it, the terrain should be back to normal, its just a workaround but its better than taking the drone every all the time

1 Like

That’s a good tip! Does it then reappear in the same flight eventually?

1 Like

It does, sadly. Sometimes it does not even last until takeoff. It is utterly annoying, although switching back and forth in dev mode is for sure easier than any other workaround

1 Like

Isn’t there any info from Asobo about this?
I mean just now at.EHEH all of a sudden those ground textures appear.

Will this ever be fixed !!!

2 Likes

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes.

I see this problem at all airports, default and third-party, when DX12 is enabled.

• CPU: Intel Core i9 13900KF
  • GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX