Mixed textures in ground at default airport DX12 Beta

DX 12 is beta from 2 years…and they not fix this problem in last update?
Thanks Asobo!

4 Likes

Do you have the same issue?:

YES

Are you using DX12?:

YES

Are you using AMD GPU?

NO

Are you using NVIDIA GPU?

YES 3080Ti FTW3

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Flight KCLT to KATL, GSX vehicle are invisible and same texture issue at arrival at KATL and massive FPS drop. Tried to switch to DX11 restarted the sim and is still on DX12.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Means SU12 did absolutely nothing in regard of this? Bummer…

I recently built a new PC with a 4090 and have noticed the same problem, and it happens right at my home airport ::

Switching to DX11 fixes it, but then I miss on all the 4090 goodies that DX12 offers.

PLEASE Asobo, hear us out!

3 Likes

This bug needs more votes… now only bugs with more than 306 votes end up on the dev roadmap bug list and I have the impression that every bug not on this list is 100% ignored by the devs. Probably they consider it as minor… I still have not the single most clue however how this terrain tile bug is NOT affecting 100% of the users, this I do simply not understand.

1 Like

Pound to a penny this has to do with the vram overruns that some are experiencing in DX12, maybe an attempted fix or an interim solution but eitherway Asobo/MS will be well aware of it and as we speak are working on something more permanent.

Thank you for the tip to disable and reenable “draw on terrain”. I had given up trying to find a way to fix the textures without restarting the sim. I can now go back to using DX12 with my RX 6800 XT.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

I use the AMD 5800x3d CPU and AMD 6800XT GPU and 32GB of RAM @ 3200MHz. The texture bleeding through only happens at default airports with DX12 regardless of the aircraft type in use. It always happens.

Why is this still not fixed ??
All of a sudden the runway is grass or the apron is grass.

1 Like

My bet is because devs are simply not aware. As we have seen several times if specific questions were asked in the Q&A sessions, they obviously not really USE their own sim. No other explanation to me that so many basic things are still no adressed although you realize it with a simple 5min session of MSFS.

It is a real bummer, but according to the votes here it seems to not affect everyone, which is a straight mistery to me

That’s because it’s triggered when going to outside view.
When you always stay in cockpit view it seems not to happen.

1 Like

What about change camera to wing view etc.?

Incorrect, it is triggered with camera movements. Changing the camera view can trigger it as well.
If you are in the cockpit and pan the camera fast you eventually will see the issue back (if you had it before).

There’s no solution for now, no scape.
I’m afraid the only possible solution is to use Dx11 or to be lucky with Dx12. I had it with previous gpu and after changing to a new one the issue was gone forever.

Did you by chance switch from AMD to nVIDIA or just GPU from the same brand?

Yes, from AMD to Nvidia. The early AMD’s 7900xtx drivers were too painful in my case. So decided to go for a 4090 instead. I did a fresh Windows install at the same time.
I also did a Windows reinstall and MSFS reinstall while using the 7900xtx, without changings in the textures issue.

They are aware as this bug they were able to reproduce and logged the bug.

This is not true.

This topic is to report a bug and not a discussion topic. If you wish to have a discussion, create a new topic in General Discussion.

2 Likes

Got this problem as well with DX12, changes my config and it’s still there…

It’s a shame because DX12 work flawlessly for me except this issue…

Please fix Asobo.

1 Like

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

Same issue as in OP screenshots

Interesting observation: I have the same problem in DX12, had it with an AMD GPU, have it with an NVIDIA GPU. I do NOT have the problem when I switch to VR. :man_shrugging:

is this bug considered by Asobo at all ?

2 Likes