Mixed textures in ground at default airport DX12 Beta

The release notes of the AAU1 release sound like this bug has been fixed

… or did anybody manage to trigger it even in AAU1 ?

(and I think the “snow bug” is a different bug)

Is not fixed

It is not fixed and I don’t think there was anything in the AAU1 changelog suggesting it was

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

I have noticed that if you get in the drone cam and move far away the textures pop back in. When you move back closer sometimes they stay loaded, sometimes they disappear again. I usually cycle back and forth with the drone until most/all of the textures stay loaded in. They will frequently pop back off while taxiing, or if I go awhile before I look around again.

Also can confirm there is no change to this bug after AAU1

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Sad to hear that. I was hoping that …

• “Fixed secondary aerials sometimes overridden by Bing aerial on terrain with photogrammetry”

… did refer to this bug.

2 Likes

Well if that’s what it was supposed to refer to, it didn’t work

1 Like

Yeah, I was happy thinking this would be fixed when I first read the changlog.
Had to read it again to see that “photogrammetry” has nothing to do with this bug, and also that I never noticed that secondary aerials sometimes is overridden by Bing aerial on terrain with photogrammetry. Glad they finally fixed that!
Just keep calling DX12 “Beta” so that it’s up to us if we want broken textures when not using DX11.

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

IMPORTANT: There was another topic with the exact same glitch. I tried to contribute, but the forum won’t let me

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

yes, except NeoFly and REX Accuseason

Brief description of the issue:

ground (concrete) textures start to disappear or reappear on DX12, dependent on POV

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

https://youtu.be/8AKvY0AhVjg

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Be sure to be in DX12, on the ground, then start flying around with the drone. Just move over the airfield and aprons and it will occur. Reverting back to DX11 after a restart of the game solves the issue.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Gigabyte Aero-G X570S, Ryzen 7 5800X, PowerColor 6900XT Red Devil, 32 GB Crucial Ballistix PC3200

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

1.30.1.20 but already last spring before official SU11 update

Check out the video, the problem becomes very obvious there

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Yes

5800X3D and RX6800

https://youtu.be/bnovIJstzoQ

Today it was really bad in LGRP, 3rd Party airport from FSDG
i could not find the taxi way ?!
Please Asobo find the bug and fix it. i need to use DX12 for Frame Generation of my 40 series Graphics Card, but this is ridiculous.

2 Likes

Same here. RX 6800XT, current driver. DX11 works just fine, DX12 causes the problem.

Something interesting I observed: on EBBR from aerosoft, this bug never occurs. The scenery addon has full custom ground textures. On other addon sceneries and default sceneries, the bug appears regularly. So what did the devs of EBBR do different?

yes

I have a 4080 card, this started happening when I installed it, did not happen on my 3080ti

This is sooo annoying and still no words from the devs in regard of this bug except the useless «bug logged» remark telling absolutely nothing, DX12 still in Beta more than 2y after release…

3 Likes

Yes.

RTX3070 / AMD 5800X3D / W11 / DX12

Multiple Screenshots / Video provided already here.

1 Like

Reading through the new beta release notes and see no mention that a fix is in there for this AGAIN. Can’t imagine why this isn’t a priority.

7 Likes

Agreed, very disappointed to not see anything in the SU12 beta notes about this. Hope something gets added before it releases.

2 Likes

Try to turn off “Shader Cache Size” in Nvidia control panel.

(I used Nvidia Profile Inspector to just turn off “Shadercache-Cachesize” and “Shadercache-Enabled”, for just Microsoft Flight Simulator, so I still use 100gb cache for the main Nvidia profile)

I don’t know… I have tried different settings, different airports, restarts and this seems to help (for now).
Try it and report back if it works for you.

There are some users where clearing the shader cache resolves the issue. It does not in my case. Some say, using dev mode airport debug resolves the issue at least for the current session, it does not in my case. For some, it seems related to full VRAM, not in my case. I am at a loss. Only interesting observation: it never occurs on Aerosofts EBBR.

1 Like